HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Watch support in general has been talked about, but we have not added it yet to our todo list. Will need to gather more information and see how difficult it is and how much interest there is.

That being said, I personally have a FitBit Versa and it is really easy to add apps to it so I may do a quick HS app for myself on that platform. Will post it to the forum when I get it working. But that is not a mainstream platform.

(I know there is a FitBit plugin, but I am talking about device control from the touch screen, not apps)

This would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Camera support

Will you able to view cameras on the app. Maybe a way to view cameras like on the imperihome app. I also use the web page device on imperihome to view the cameras with blue iris. Will thsi be available on the app.

Comment

Note that this app is not a replacement for hstouch and does not use configs.
        Sorry for the late response. One of the things I'd like to be able to do, is to set up the app on my phone, then copy that setup/layout/config over to my wifes phone. And on to our tablets in the house too, without having to sit down and rebuild it.

And I can't remember if I mentioned or not, the ability for the App to detect whether it's at home on the WiFi, or outside the house on WiFi/Data. Imperihome does that seamlessly, and it's great.

G

Comment

Both of these things are on the list, probably will not make it in phase 1 though.

Note that the only config on this app is multiple dashboards. Not too hard to set up on another device unless maybe you create many dashboards.

FYI, we are looking at July 9th for a Beta release and we will post info on the board and in our newsletter when its ready. Note that only Android will be ready first.

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post
          Sorry for the late response. One of the things I'd like to be able to do, is to set up the app on my phone, then copy that setup/layout/config over to my wifes phone. And on to our tablets in the house too, without having to sit down and rebuild it.

And I can't remember if I mentioned or not, the ability for the App to detect whether it's at home on the WiFi, or outside the house on WiFi/Data. Imperihome does that seamlessly, and it's great.

G
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If the beta's are going to be Android, but the "platform" you're using has support for iOS can you share the platform information?

We will need to know the following to know how well our existing devices can or will support the new app.

Minimum OS requirements for Android and iOS?
            How much CPU/Memory is the app going to need?

Both of those questions can turn into a problem for some of us with older tablets that may not have the necessary Android library support for your newer apps. For a lot of us rooting and installing a newer Android isn't a problem, but in general practice I would think it would be in "bad taste" to release something without a notice or heads up of what the minimum requirements are to avoid complaints and also support issues.

Comment

HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests

Originally posted by rjh
              Android is a beta platform for developing and posting updates since no approval process is needed.
              https://developer.apple.com/testflight/

https://www.hockeyapp.net/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Auto rotation will be handled along with resizing the screen. We will also look at the screen size and re-size some elements if there is more room, like for tablets.

Comment

We are using Xamarin, but the UI is native. Xamarin forms is too basic for what we wanted to do. However, all the non UI code can be used for both Android and IOS. We are also looking at a UWP app, which will be cool.

For Android, you need KitKat (V4,.4) or later. (not positive on this, will post after I talk with the developer)

I run it on my Nexus 5, which is pretty old at this point, and it runs great there. (Lollipop installed there)

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                  If the beta's are going to be Android, but the "platform" you're using has support for iOS can you share the platform information?

We will need to know the following to know how well our existing devices can or will support the new app.

Minimum OS requirements for Android and iOS?
                  How much CPU/Memory is the app going to need?

Both of those questions can turn into a problem for some of us with older tablets that may not have the necessary Android library support for your newer apps. For a lot of us rooting and installing a newer Android isn't a problem, but in general practice I would think it would be in "bad taste" to release something without a notice or heads up of what the minimum requirements are to avoid complaints and also support issues.

Comment

I have used test flight before for HSTouch but it still goes through an approval process and could take a day or so to post an app. With Android we can simply post an APK file to the forum. Also, Google has a Beta channel in the App Store and we post it there for internal use, that takes 30 min or so to appear.

You have to build what you know best, and we are all more experienced with Android here so it made sense to do that one first. I really think IOS won't be far behind. We have a dedicated developer working on this (not me!), so no interruptions during development!

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post

Comment

I have used test flight before for HSTouch but it still goes through an approval process and could take a day or so to post an app. With Android we can simply post an APK file to the forum. Also, Google has a Beta channel in the App Store and we post it there for internal use, that takes 30 min or so to appear.

You have to build what you know best, and we are all more experienced with Android here so it made sense to do that one first. I really think IOS won't be far behind. We have a dedicated developer working on this (not me!), so no interruptions during development!
                      Are you using a common language/tool to develop like xamarin? This would help keep the user experience the same on both or very similar and the same devs can work on both using c#.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by sirmeili; July 1, 2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Yes, all our code is C#, but for the Android UI we make direct calls to the Android API. The IOS app will be as similar as possible, but we will use IOS interface guidelines so that will change how some of it looks, like droplists, sliders, etc.

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                        Are you using a common language/tool to develop like xamarin? This would help keep the user experience the same on both or very similar and the same devs can work on both using c#.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, all our code is C#, but for the Android UI we make direct calls to the Android API. The IOS app will be as similar as possible, but we will use IOS interface guidelines so that will change how some of it looks, like droplists, sliders, etc.
                          It's been a while since I used Xamarin (it was before MSFT bought them out), but from my recollection all the UI stuff was still a bit separate and the core code was all c#. The UI for both though still used the native APIs, but it is possible that is no longer the case. I assume you must be using Xamarin or something similar though since you said both are in c# and normally you have to write iOS in ObjectiveC (which Xamarin will handle the conversion for you).

Either way, it seems you are doing basically what I was suggesting which is awesome to hear

Comment

There is a common UI called Xamarin Forms, but its really basic and its slow. Going with native calls is much faster. The App is very fast, you can start the app and control a light in about 3 seconds on my phone (pixel 2). That is local, about 5 seconds through MyHS.

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                            It's been a while since I used Xamarin (it was before MSFT bought them out), but from my recollection all the UI stuff was still a bit separate and the core code was all c#. The UI for both though still used the native APIs, but it is possible that is no longer the case. I assume you must be using Xamarin or something similar though since you said both are in c# and normally you have to write iOS in ObjectiveC (which Xamarin will handle the conversion for you).

Either way, it seems you are doing basically what I was suggesting which is awesome to hear

Comment

My watch control use was the highest in bed. WAF goes negative quick when using voice assistants at 2am or when snoozing an otherwise silent alarm (lamp that turns on @6am).

YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigmatzomat View Post
                                WAF goes negative quick when using voice assistants at 2am or when snoozing an otherwise silent alarm (lamp that turns on @6am).
                                Nailed it.
                                -Wade

Comment

Working...
                                X