Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Doorbell - Smartbell - Died in Kickstarter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Doorbell - Smartbell - Died in Kickstarter!

Hey folks,

Maybe I'm addicted to Kickstarter, but I seem to always find some interesting gadgets that I just can't live without. While looking this weekend, I found a project for a smartbell that impressed me over the others that I have seen, it's Wi-Fi and has Z-wave capability
    I asked if it can also ring your existing bell and the answer was "yes". So I backed them up.
    Take a look:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...os-an?ref=live

I like the idea that you can display messages on the screen for your guests to see as they arrive or change it depending on the season or holiday. Pretty neat

I have no affiliation with this group, except the fact that I backed the project myself hoping that they reach their funding goal, but wanted to share it here since I know that we are all into gadgets

Thanks for your post. I hope you get your doorbell. I have one of the Spore doorbells, which other than a modern appearance, is really nothing special, and yet I'm continually surprised how many people don't recognize that it *is* a doorbell even though it's located exactly where you'd expect to find a doorbell. Oddly enough, they knock instead of even trying it. So, after you get your doorbell, I'd be curious whether you notice similar behavior.

Comment

Yeah I saw that last week. My only thought is that as it resembles an iPhone, someone will surely rip it off your house.
      For myself, I don't need to know who's ringing the doorbell that badly.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

At least with the OP's doorbell, you can display the word "Doorbell" on its screen with an arrow pointing to the button....

Comment

Yes, it's just a gadget and I did like that it resembled the iPhone, never thought that someone would want to steal it thinking that it's an actual iPhone ... could very well be though. I never thought either that someone would not recognize it as a doorbell, but from what you are saying NeverDie, I can see people acting that way ... I do have a choice of displaying the word "Doorbell" and also since it's motion activated, it should get their attention ... if not, well... less visitors ... I hope that the mother in law can't figure it out

Comment

Thanks for the post -- it looks really cool. My only concern is of theft or making my house a target for thieves.

Even though it has less features, I'm thinking about something less conspicuous like a Skybell (which has similar features sans the screen). I'm just waiting for the reviews to come in before I jump.

Comment

Another Doorbell - Smartbell

I like being able to see the person at the door but I don't care about them seeing me. Hence, I prefer a Skybell for that reason.

Comment

Such a shame it did not went live.

Comment

Working...
                X