Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please download the new zip at the beginning of this thread. I've fixed the issue in the .json file.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
      Please download the new zip at the beginning of this thread. I've fixed the issue in the .json file.
      OK got that now at Step 9 which fails with
      'nssm' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file.

I re-did Step 5 just in case something got overwritten but no change. nssm-2.24 folder is in the HSmetro folder.

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
        OK got that now at Step 9 which fails with
        'nssm' is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file.

I re-did Step 5 just in case something got overwritten but no change. nssm-2.24 folder is in the HSmetro folder.
        You need the nssm.exe to be in the root of your HSMetro folder. Just copy the .exe from the nssm 2.24 folder up one level.

Comment

You need the nssm.exe to be in the root of your HSMetro folder. Just copy the .exe from the nssm 2.24 folder up one level.
          Moving along, now at step 12 - fails to start

WIndows could not start the HSProxyService on Local Computer
          The service did not return an error.........etc

Just something to note if it has any bearing but the Startup Directory and Arguments point to C:\Program Files (x86)\.....rather than C:\Program Files\...
          At least the install instructions need amending just in case people use cut&paste. I used the default port 6512

Comment

Try going to a command prompt and inside your HSMetro folder just typing "node proxy.js <ip to your hometroller> <port>

If that works you should start seeing broadcast messages from homeseer in the terminal window. If it doesn't work let me know what you see on the screen.

Comment

Forgot to mention the <port> is the port the UI will listen on. You should have the ascii interface enabled in homeseer setup and set to 11000

Comment

Try going to a command prompt and inside your HSMetro folder just typing "node proxy.js <ip to your hometroller> <port>

If that works you should start seeing broadcast messages from homeseer in the terminal window. If it doesn't work let me know what you see on the screen.
                OK port 11000 was enabled.
                from the command prompt I first got a Firewall popup which I allowed and now have
                Proxy server running and broadcasting on port 11000
                Proxy server connected to remote host: 192.168.0.102:11000
                socket 0 opened

but nothing else

Comment

Turn on a light from within HomeSeer Device Mgmt page or from a wall switch. You should see a broadcast message in the terminal window.

Comment

Nope

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you using?

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you using?
                        latest available .152

Comment

Not sure if it works with that version. Can you telnet to that ip/port and if so do you see any messages when you operate a switch? I had issues with .152. I'm actually running beta .154 and only got it working with beta .153

Comment

Not sure if it works with that version. Can you telnet to that ip/port and if so do you see any messages when you operate a switch? I had issues with .152. I'm actually running beta .154 and only got it working with beta .153
                            Just get a blank screen.....is that a dead end for now ?

Comment

If you can successfully connect via telnet and don't see anything at all like

DC, 324, 0, 99

after you operate a device in HomeSeer, then I would say, yes. Did you see the video I posted earlier in this thread? I show what the console output should look like.

Let me check with Rich and see when he plans to post any of the newer builds or if it's ok if I share the link.

Comment

Yes it connects just don't see anything and yes I saw your video. Thanks
                                Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X