Aeotec ZW097 Dry Contact Sensor Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    Thank you, I just checked the site and noticed it said they were not available. Thinking Aeotec has discontinued them as they seem to be out everywhere I check.
    I have a friend that has taken apart a z-wave door/window sensor and hacked it so it can be used as a dry sensor....guess this may be my only option.....

Edit: Just saw that you had listed three different sites and found one site that still has some....thanks again for your help with this!

HS3 3.0.0.423 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.206
    That's just one reason I don't use them anymore. The DWZWAVE2.5-ECO has both external contact and internal magnetic style in the same package. It's also Z-Wave Plus. Haven't used one my self but I'm sure other here have. It also has tamper which the Aeotec doesn't. They are also less expensive.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
      That's just one reason I don't use them anymore. The DWZWAVE2.5-ECO has both external contact and internal magnetic style in the same package. It's also Z-Wave Plus. Haven't used one my self but I'm sure other here have. It also has tamper which the Aeotec doesn't. They are also less expensive.

Thanks Timon, If I had seen these online I would have never seen that these were both a dry contact and door sensor!

HS3 3.0.0.423 & HSTouch 3.0.55 with 700 Devices, 358 Events
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.206
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
        Thanks Timon, If I had seen these online I would have never seen that these were both a dry contact and door sensor!
        I know, I found it by accident and don't understand why it's not specified in the product data sheet.

BTW, I think the unbranded one on Monoprice is the same, haven't checked with them, and it's a few $'s cheeper. Still I don't know that I'd get it unless I needed a lot of them which made the lower cost worthwhile.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I also use that sensor as a dry contact for my washer monitor (using a photo-transistor over the 'finished' light). It works great.
          --------------------------------------------------
          **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post
            I also use that sensor as a dry contact for my washer monitor (using a photo-transistor over the 'finished' light). It works great.
            Interesting - I used a multiswitch, if power consumption drops below a certain level for more than a minute I announce the washing is done. Same with the dishwasher.

Comment

Wow, nice method! There are many ways to do this. Not to drive this into 'off topic' territory, but the problem i had was actually 'mounting' the phototransistor to the washer light (tape method, not a 'pretty' solution, but it does work and it doesn't tamper with any of the washer components (same with your solution).
              --------------------------------------------------
              **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Working...
              X