• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1

Comment

I use the homebridge-homeseer-plugin-2018:

https://github.com/jvmahon/homebridge-homeseer/

This plugin uses the HomeSeer ASCII interface, so updates are received instantly. My iOS Home App shows updated status immediately, just as fast as HS3Touch. I get notifications from it faster than PushOver notifications. It also supports more device types than the Alexa voice app. This is a great homebridge plug-in, once you get over the work needed to setup homebridge and its configuration files. But it would be nice if HomeSeer had built in support for HomeKit.

Comment

Integrated support as a plugin from HST would be a great add.

Can someone from HST at least let us know if it is on the road map, possible timeline.

HS3, HS4?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

I don’t understand the apparent lack of interest from Homeseer for a plugin for the iPhone/iPad for the Apple Home app!!! Every iPhone and iPad manufactured for the past 2 years has the Home app preinstalled. There are millions of devices out there that could be used with Homeseer. This would drive sales of homeseer and homeseer accessories.

Even a basic on/off controller!! What gives???

Steve Q
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

It is a shame for sure. Maybe the reason is because there is only 19 post since January and some are from the same people. If they think the demand is small maybe that's why HomeSeer or people that make plugins don't think it's worth there time. I do however believe that if someone was to make a plugin that works interest would be higher once word got out.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                I’m guessing there’s a lot of people interested and have found the HomeBridge alternative. I too would love an official HS to HomeKit integration.
                I have looked at the new 2018 version and have not figured it out yet. Granted I have not spent a lot of time trying to figure it out.

If their were a native plugin, would need the time to figure it out.

Amazon and Google are officially supported, why not Apple?

Comment

Comment

Naah, the Logi Circle 2 camera works with both Alexa and HomeKit.

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
                      Naah, the Logi Circle 2 camera works with both Alexa and HomeKit.
                      Interesting, I found this: https://appleinsider.com/articles/17...ekit---for-now. It's a completely cloud hosted security camera system where the cameras are $178. looks like the security piece of homekit is the tied to a chip and ID code on the compatible systems. I wonder how many hoops are required to get access to these chips and codes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                        Interesting, I found this: https://appleinsider.com/articles/17...ekit---for-now. It's a completely cloud hosted security camera system where the cameras are $178. looks like the security piece of homekit is the tied to a chip and ID code on the compatible systems. I wonder how many hoops are required to get access to these chips and codes.
                        The hardware requirement (chip) has been eliminated by Apple because it was an obstacle. Apple wants more HA devices to be usable with their products! And yes they are concerned about security; they must be!

Steve Q
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

As I understand it, if I would like to create a HomeKit plugin for HomeSeer, I would still need to enroll in the commercial MFi program (incorporate the Apple Authentication Coprocessor, complete certification, etc...) which I guess is near impossible for a third party developer...

How will a commercial HomeKit accessory be different from an accessory that I create using this specification?
                          Unlike a non-commercial HomeKit accessory, a HomeKit accessory that will be distributed or sold must incorporate the Apple Authentication Coprocessor, obtain Wi-Fi Alliance certification or Bluetooth SIG certification depending on the transport used, and complete HomeKit certification under the MFi Program. At a user level, a non-commercial accessory will use a different process for on-boarding an IP-based accessory to the network, and will present a warning dialog in iOS that the user must acknowledge before continuing.
                          https://developer.apple.com/support/...sory-protocol/

Comment

Comment

I don't say Homeseer can't do it, I say

(a) Apple doesn't make it very easy
                              (b) I, as a third party developer, can't do it

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X