Retiring my Zee S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retiring my Zee S2

Yes, I've outgrown my Zee S2, and decided that I need to upgrade to a HomeTroller SEL. So, I'm wondering ...

Can I sell my Zee S2?
    If I do, do I have to 'clean it'? (I.e., how do I remove my licenses?)

Or, is it impractical?

You can reinstall / image the Zee S2 to scratch and ask Homeseer if you could sell the license.

Here kept mine and purchased Homeseer 3 Pro such that I can tinker with one built while running another build in production...(or both in production mode)..
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

You can sell the Zee S2 but the license stays with the unit. There is a license transfer fee. To make the transfer put in a ticket to support@homeseer.com
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        You can sell the Zee S2 but the license stays with the unit. There is a license transfer fee. To make the transfer put in a ticket to support@homeseer.com
        Ok. That sounds good.
        Then, what about the plugin licenses? I have to remove them, yes?
        Do I do as Pete mentioned (just reformat the SD card, and re-image from a backup)? I figure that there must be some easy way (in the UI) to do that. What about on the Plugins => Manage page; what happens if I click the red 'X'?

Comment

what about the plugin licenses? I have to remove them, yes?

I would keep the plugin licenses as they work Homeseer 3 to Homeseer 3 Windows or Linux.

The red 'X' deletes the plugin executible but nothing else (like configuration et al).

Personally is it better to reimage and use a Zee 2 Homeseer virgin installation on the selling Zee2.

A new installation / HomeSeer Zee S2 directory will not have any of your personal adds or configurations et al.

You are selling only the original Homeseer Zee S2 license that comes with the S2. Thinking too that the license / Homeseer license number is tacked to the back of your S2 RPi and it is attached to you when you register that number to your name.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X