Insteon Plug In issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Plug In issues

I cannot get past this error. Where do I begin to troubleshoot?

Error:
    ======================================
    ** You do not have the I/O interface enabled in HomeSeer **
    Insteon functions are only available when the I/O interface is enabled.

** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***
    Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in.
    ======================================

I have validated that I can login to my Insteon Hub directly from a Web Browser, but I don't know what the next step would be.

INSTEON Hub Details
    Alert 2.6 YF
    PLM:9C
    Firmware:4.8A Build Feb 08 2013
    ID:2A.E6.0F

For device control visit connect.insteon.com
    User Manual
    Technical Support

If you're using the HST Insteon plugin, it only supports the devices listed here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166457. You likely will need the Insteon PLM Plugin by Mark Sandler to use the hub.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I worked out the issue. The problem was the Interface Port setting on the Main Insteon Configuration page was missing the IP address:Port. Once this was populated I had to restart the the System, then the Username and Password field appeared. Another restart and the Plug-In status is now "OK".

Comment

Originally posted by vdcneil View Post
        I worked out the issue. The problem was the Interface Port setting on the Main Insteon Configuration page was missing the IP address:Port. Once this was populated I had to restart the the System, then the Username and Password field appeared. Another restart and the Plug-In status is now "OK".
        glad you got it working. please post other issues related to my plugin in my forum. this one is specifically for the hs insteon plugin.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X