Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob trying to get zwave interface working - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob trying to get zwave interface working - Solved!

Hi,
    Just got hometroller S6 with UZB stick.

Plugged stick in and tried to add a zwave interface "z-wave.me UZB" and clicked enable but that doesn't seem to work as I get an exclamation point and no actions.
    See attached file.

I'm assuming zwave interface for uzbstick is that one but let me know if I'm incorrect. Also what's he pot serial? Isn't it just plugged to sub so what does com serial has to do with it?

Do I have to install some more direct for them tick to work?

Any help is appreciated, I have watched many video and it looked pretty straightforward so I'm feeling a bit dumb

Jerome
    Attached Files

Switched to port COM7, it seems to work now.

Comment

I'm having a similar issue with my HS3 software that is running on a Windows 8 PC. I tried enabling my UZB stick and I get the same error message as you. The only option for me is COM1. I dont' even seen an option for COM7.

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
        I'm having a similar issue with my HS3 software that is running on a Windows 8 PC. I tried enabling my UZB stick and I get the same error message as you. The only option for me is COM1. I dont' even seen an option for COM7.
        What exact hardware are you attempting to use?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          What exact hardware are you attempting to use?
          I'm using the wave.me UZB stick

Comment

The UZB stick requires the following base Wintel drivers ===> Windows UZB INF

Note that this is a generic USB to serial port driver and not specific to the UZB.

Without running Homeseer you can go to the hardware properties and change the serial com port to whatever you want FIRST.

IE: just go to device manager / hardware properties. (make sure Homeseeer 3 is OFF while doing this).

Once this is configured then in Homeseer 3 Z-Wave properties you configure the serial port and driver.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              The UZB stick requires the following base Wintel drivers ===> Windows UZB INF

Note that this is a generic USB to serial port driver and not specific to the UZB.

Without running Homeseer you can go to the hardware properties and change the serial com port to whatever you want FIRST.

IE: just go to device manager / hardware properties. (make sure Homeseeer 3 is OFF while doing this).

Once this is configured then in Homeseer 3 Z-Wave properties you configure the serial port and driver.
              Thanks for the replies. I downloaded the file which is a zip file and extracted it but not sure what I'm suppose to do with it next as it does not execute or initiate.

Comment

Working...
              X