www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Ultilities (Plug-ins) > Utilities Discussion > Tasker Plugin (3P)

Tasker Plugin (3P) Discussions related to the Tasker plugin by Tonlof.

Old September 8th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonlof View Post
Go through all Project Tabs and look into scenes, delete the conflict scenes.
Exit tasker and try to import again.
That failed me but I ended up editing your Engine file to "html Popup1" instead and that seems to be working now. Not sure of the long run effects.

I'm currently having a problem with myHS login that I'm playing with.

IS it ok to have more then one HS system when using the login? It seems to be failing with the correct user and password but I'm wondering how it selects the system if I have more then 1 under that login.
Old September 8th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by integlikewhoa View Post
That failed me but I ended up editing your Engine file to "html Popup1" instead and that seems to be working now. Not sure of the long run effects.

I'm currently having a problem with myHS login that I'm playing with.

IS it ok to have more then one HS system when using the login? It seems to be failing with the correct user and password but I'm wondering how it selects the system if I have more then 1 under that login.
Ok, depending of connection method I think, direct connection let you connect to a dedicated hs server but with myhs service I'm not sure what is happened if you have more than one on same network.
Tonlof | Sweden
Old September 8th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Ok, depending of connection method I think, direct connection let you connect to a dedicated hs server but with myhs service I'm not sure what is happened if you have more than one on same network.
I'll play with it some more. With premium my.hs I can setup different user's and multiple systems. I may have to setup a different login for each system but as it is now my one login then pops up a page that asks which system to connect to after I login in instead of going direct to one system. That might be a hangup on the login.
Old September 8th, 2016, 05:51 PM
Seer Master

Yup that's it. I created another login with just one HS controller on it and it works now with that.

So this would be a featured request to allow users with more then one house or HS3 but a single login to choose.
Old September 9th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Yup that's it. I created another login with just one HS controller on it and it works now with that.

So this would be a featured request to allow users with more then one house or HS3 but a single login to choose.
I do not have any experience with myhs premium and multiple house, could you share any screenshots how it looks like when you select between different HS3
Old September 9th, 2016, 02:51 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I do not have any experience with myhs premium and multiple house, could you share any screenshots how it looks like when you select between different HS3

The first Screen is probley the same as all, but the 2nd pic shows the two different systems. I have a main house and a vacation house. The first screen I clicked on "Access System" which brought me to the 2nd page you see.

The Names are the computer or sever names and they also show the last two digits of the HS3 license number. Clicking on either one them then takes me directly to that HS3 machine.

So my guess you would have to filter out either the name or HS3 license number.

Let me know if you need any more info or shots.

Thanks,
Attached Images

Old September 24th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Seer Master

Try to use different user names for each of your HomeSeer systems.

Eman.
Old September 24th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Try to use different user names for each of your HomeSeer systems.

Eman.
Thanks,
Read a few posts up on #24.

The goal is not to find a work around, but yet to fix the problem.
Old September 25th, 2016, 04:04 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Thanks,
Read a few posts up on #24.

The goal is not to find a work around, but yet to fix the problem.
Yes you are wright. I noticed this when I created a new linux HomeSeer server. I got disruptions from Myhomeseer log in though I wasn't trying to connect Tasker. But it's Tasker which was disrupted. When I changed the user name this stopped! This means that the Tasker plugin connects to MyHomeseer as a single system! There is a problem there.

Eman.
Old September 25th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Seer Master

I don't have any need for the premium but I bought it so I could start test.
Installed HS3 on Ubuntu, with regular webpage I tried login to myhs, how do you select between these 2 hs3. MyHs takes me directly to one of the hs server.
Old September 25th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I don't have any need for the premium but I bought it so I could start test.
Installed HS3 on Ubuntu, with regular webpage I tried login to myhs, how do you select between these 2 hs3. MyHs takes me directly to one of the hs server.
Are you sure Premium has kicked in? I found I had a problem (and it seems others have too) where it didn't kick in and I send an email.

TO test that can you click on manage account and get in without a popup?

If you can have you added more then one systems to it? If you haven't then it will only default to one. You will have to add the ID/Serial key for your systems and then they will both be listed under one account.
Old September 25th, 2016, 09:29 AM
Seer Master

Here is a screen shot in after you click "manage account" button you can see in one of the pics I posted several days back.
Attached Images

Old September 25th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Are you sure Premium has kicked in? I found I had a problem (and it seems others have too) where it didn't kick in and I send an email.

TO test that can you click on manage account and get in without a popup?

If you can have you added more then one systems to it? If you haven't then it will only default to one. You will have to add the ID/Serial key for your systems and then they will both be listed under one account.
Not sure but I can add multiple licence and users now.
Since Linux are using same same licence as the Windows version it may be a problem?
Attached Images

Old September 25th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Seer Master

Yeah your in fine but you only have one system or liscnese so right now when you login it probley doesn't have you choose since you only have one.

I have two different houses running their own server and windows install with different liscneses.

So you see in my pic I have two.
Old September 25th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Yeah your in fine but you only have one system or liscnese so right now when you login it probley doesn't have you choose since you only have one.

I have two different houses running their own server and windows install with different liscneses.

So you see in my pic I have two.
I just simply test to add the licence again and now I get the selection of 2 system but they both take me to the linux server. Both have the name homeseer , can I change the alias for the licenses somewhere?
Old September 25th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I just simply test to add the licence again and now I get the selection of 2 system but they both take me to the linux server. Both have the name homeseer , can I change the alias for the licenses somewhere?
I have knowledge of Linux.......

For me those names change with the PC /sever name

Edit: Here is one of the severs running windows 10 and how I would change that name. Screen Shot
Attached Images

Old September 25th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
I have knowledge of Linux.......

For me those names change with the PC /sever name

Edit: Here is one of the severs running windows 10 and how I would change that name. Screen Shot
Yes I thought that first but was not 100% sure since the windows hostname is homeseer and the linux host name: linux-homeseer but it may be a limitation in myhs service that it not can handle 2 system with same license?
Old September 25th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Yes I thought that first but was not 100% sure since the windows hostname ishomeseer and the linux host name: linux-homeseer but it may be a limitation in myhs service that it not can handle 2 system with same licence?
Unsure with my lack of expertise or knowledge on this. It's all fairly new for me, but yes I do have two different licences.

Did I not have to buy two different licenses to begin with? Are they allowing one windows and one Linux per each license? Is it per machine and not per HS3 install? I really never tested but I have two different severs one at each house and just bought two licenses for windows install.

I only use Premium for two reasons, to clean up logins and management of two different systems and to remove any port forwarding but still have faster access for cameras and other tasks that go threw the myHS portal. Other then that I was using the free with two different users before.
Old September 25th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Unsure with my lack of expertise or knowledge on this. It's all fairly new for me, but yes I do have two different licences.

Did I not have to buy two different licenses to begin with? Are they allowing one windows and one Linux per each license? Is it per machine and not per HS3 install? I really never tested but I have two different severs one at each house and just bought two licenses for windows install.

I only use Premium for two reasons, to clean up logins and management of two different systems and to remove any port forwarding but still have faster access for cameras and other tasks that go threw the myHS portal. Other then that I was using the free with two different users before.
Taken from HS Wiki "HS3 for Linux is free with your HS3 license. It does not require a seperate license. Your HS3 standard or PRO license will work."
https://homeseer.com/wiki/index.php?title=HS3