X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug - group conditions - "or if"

Running:
    HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368 (Linux)

When selecting "or if" on a group condition, the dropdown is changed to just "if":
    Click image for larger version

Name:	or-if.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	1211822

If I then try to select a condition, it just "bumps up" to the top and changes the existing condition to an "and if":

Name:	and-if.PNG
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1211823

So adding an "or if" as a group condition is not possible due to this issue.

This is confirmed to happen to at least on other user as well.

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
    Running:

When selecting "or if" on a group condition, the dropdown is changed to just "if":
    [ATTACH]65319[/ATTACH]

If I then try to select a condition, it just "bumps up" to the top and changes the existing condition to an "and if":
    [ATTACH]65320[/ATTACH]

'Or If' is a trigger not a condition so it wouldn't make sense to have it in Group Conditions. It would make more sense if the Group Conditions drop down didn't say (choose a trigger or condition). However, it won't let you select a trigger by design.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
      'Or If' is a trigger not a condition so it wouldn't make sense to have it in Group Conditions. It would make more sense if the Group Conditions drop down didn't say (choose a trigger or condition).
      Hmm... I don't see why multiple separate conditions isn't possible?

What I want to do:
      I have a group, "Burglary alarm".
      I define multiple events like "IF motion hallway changes and becomes motion AND Group conditions are true".
      In group conditions, I want to define:
      IF "Homestatus is Away"
      OR IF "Nightmode is Night"

That way, the event will trigger if the house is in awaymode OR at night.
      I could work around this by adding a new device, "Alarm enabled" and changing that between "Armed"/"Disarmed" when homemode/nightmode changes, but that seems like an unnecessary workaround.

Comment

'Or If' is a trigger not a condition so it wouldn't make sense to have it in Group Conditions.
        No, it is not a trigger, it's a condition. Just like the first "If".
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

'Or If' is a trigger not a condition so it wouldn't make sense to have it in Group Conditions.
          Originally posted by Moskus View Post
          No, it is not a trigger, it's a condition. Just like the first "If".
          My understanding is:
          In the body of an event the first 'If' and subsequent 'Or If's are triggers, which can be combined with 'And If's which are conditions.
          In group conditions the first 'If' and subsequent 'And If's are conditions and you can't have 'Or If's as they would be triggers. But correct me if I am wrong.

Steve

Comment

My understanding is the same as Steve's. IF as well as OR IF are triggers, and by the time you get to AND IF as conditions you have to have already satisfied one or more o the triggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
              Running:

[ATTACH]65319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]65320[/ATTACH]

First of all group conditions have a number of inconsistencies, one of them being OR IF doesn't belong as it suggests a secondary trigger. Group conditions are applied to events with only two choices:

Name:	Capture.png
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1194490

By virtue of the choices ALL conditions are evaluated to be TRUE or ALL conditions are evaluated to be FALSE, so only IF and AND IF would apply. That is why an OR IF changes to AND IF once a choice is made.

The only bug is that OR IF is offered in the first place.
              Last edited by randy; December 23, 2017, 10:29 PM.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
              X