can only get one board to work...LEDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can only get one board to work...LEDS

Tried to get a second known working Arduino uno board to do a simple output to turn on a known working relay shield on and off. In HS it shows connected but it will not control the relay. When the board boots the relay comes on and stays on. Tried inverting the output had no effect still does not work.

i have also tried 3 LED's to PWN pins to setup an RGB LED and that did not work on a UNO or a MEGA

I have tried servos on MEGA, UNO, and NODEMCU, API and NON-API does not work.

The first board and only board i have got to work was a MEGA to light up single LEDS.

Are these know issues? any one else having these issues too?

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
    Tried to get a second known working Arduino uno board to do a simple output to turn on a known working relay shield on and off. In HS it shows connected but it will not control the relay. When the board boots the relay comes on and stays on. Tried inverting the output had no effect still does not work.

i have also tried 3 LED's to PWN pins to setup an RGB LED and that did not work on a UNO or a MEGA

I have tried servos on MEGA, UNO, and NODEMCU, API and NON-API does not work.

The first board and only board i have got to work was a MEGA to light up single LEDS.

Are these know issues? any one else having these issues too?
    Are you using Ethernet or serial? Some pins will not work with an Ethernet shield.

I have 9 Arduino and NodeMCU boards working without a single issue. The first 4 are Megas that have been in use since 2014. Only certain pins support PWM, but all available digital pins will control an LED or relay. On a UNO only pins 3, 5, 6, 9 10 and 11 support PWM. On a Mega only 14 of the pins support PWM. I have used both a UNO and a Mega to control 6 channels of PWM.

PWM is something that has been reported as broken and Greig said he would look at it as soon as he has time. I've never used a servo. I may try one this weekend.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      PWM is something that has been reported as broken and Greig said he would look at it as soon as he has time.
      Randy, what is broken with PWM ? I'm about to do a major upgrade at home and go to the latest BETA as I'm going to use PWM on both MEGA and NodeMCU.

Thanks..Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
        Randy, what is broken with PWM ? I'm about to do a major upgrade at home and go to the latest BETA as I'm going to use PWM on both MEGA and NodeMCU.

Thanks..Pete
        PWM is OK (as long as you use valid PWM pins), it is the servo that is supposedly not working. I've never used a servo, but some have reported it and Greig acknowledged there might be a problem. I thought I would set up a test this weekend and see for myself. I have some R/C model servos in the parts bin.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy...

I dropped Grieg a note a few days ago, I think its time to upgrade my 131 plugin. I asked him if there were any updates in the very near future as upgrading here is a big job pulling boards out of remote locations.

Are you aware of any imminent changes ? Also are there any niggles on the current BETA that is a gotcha ? I dont really want to upgrade as it just works here but I'm keen to get NodeMCU with PWM going here.

Cheers..Pete
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Just to confirm I am not aware of any problems in PWM. The problem I have had reported that I need to look at is the Servo Setup which uses a library.

Greig.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

PWM does not work for me, on this version, using serial, i was using pins 9,10,11 on both UNO and mega, i am using plugin ver 1.0.0.147 and arduino 1.8.1 to compile.

Comment

Working...
              X