Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use this with BLRandom?

Hey Bob,
    Any way to get this to work with BLRandom? Right now I have different events set up for the panel to say stuff. Would be awesome to be able to setup different ways of saying things in BLRandom and feed that into the sign!

Thanks.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Let me know what you are thinking. Give me some examples on how you want to use it
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

well, right now everyday at 9:00pm it flashes, "Emma, bed time". It would be great to tie it into BLRandom so it could pull from a pool of saying instead of always flashing the same thing.

Or, every hour on the hour I have it flash the time, would be great if instead it flashed, 1:00pm - time is flying by...1:00pm - where did the day go...1:00pm - Wow, what a day.

Throw some scripting in and the temp display could be very interesting. 45 F - brrr, better put on a jacket. 90 F - Time to jump in the pool.

Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I have been thinking about adding another page where you could define messages and use variables and such to substitute into the messages

I have been thinking of having keywords in the message text to tell the plugin what to do.

For example:

You could create a message name of EmmaBedtime

For the message text you could enter:

$script[hs.PluginFunction("BLRandom", "", "RandomizeGroup", New Object(){"Bedtime"})]

You could do other keywords:

$devicevalue[A1]
        $devicestring[Family Room Lamp]

I am just brainstorming right now. Nothing has been done on it yet and I would have to verify it works

Thoughts?
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Looks good. Would we be able to pull from two different sources?

ie. get the value of a device (temp) & grab random phrase (blrandom)
          Bryan

Comment

Yea I see no reason why not
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Try out 1.0.42

See here:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....&postcount=199
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Works great! Thank you very much!
                Bryan

Comment

Working...
                X