This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    what version of the plugin are you running?
    In the most recent Beta version (available in first post of this thread), there are some devices for current title, artist, image and application.

see the screenshots in user guide
    I am running 3.0.0.7 and I see the devices forimage and so on, It works fine when I am starting t.ex spotify. But if I casting a stream, all that fields are empty

Comment

Originally posted by Xian View Post
      I am running 3.0.0.7 and I see the devices forimage and so on, It works fine when I am starting t.ex spotify. But if I casting a stream, all that fields are empty
      if you cast from an app that doesn't provide any metadata, or if you cast from an HS event, then yes you're right those fields are empty, but there is not much I can do about it.

Comment

Plugin doesn't connect

Hi Spud,
        just installed your plugin today, my Cromecast Ultra arrived.
        The Chromecast plugin didn't find my Chromecast.
        I've looked into my router and there my Chromecast is listed.

What's the issue ?

Regards, Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
          Hi Spud,
          just installed your plugin today, my Cromecast Ultra arrived.
          The Chromecast plugin didn't find my Chromecast.
          I've looked into my router and there my Chromecast is listed.

What's the issue ?

Regards, Fischi
          Do you have Bonjour installed on your Homeseer server?
          Does any other app on your Homeseer server can find the chromecast (for example in Chrome go to the "Cast..." menu item)?

If you can't figure out why it is not discovered, you can hard code the ip of your chromecast in the ini, read the very first end of the first post in the user guide: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191073

Comment

Thanks Spud! I tested it out, and there are still some issues unfortunately. Using disconnect from my phone did work now. Below are the issues that I noticed.

1. Killing Pandora on my phone wouldn't stop the cast. In fact music kept playing after a reboot of phone. The cast could not be killed until one of two things happened. I restarted pandora on the phone or I rebooted HS3. When it played the start up message, it broke into the chromecasts and killed the connection.

If you go through my log file, there is a point in which I pressed mute on the CC from HS3. At that point, I had killed Pandora on the phone a minute prior. The CC addon in HS3 was allowing me control the stream.

It is like the CC addon sets hooks in the casting so the original playing device is not needed.

2. Pressing stop/play/pause worked great until... After I had killed Pandora on the phone and I pressed disconnect from HS3, the playing state on chromecast in HS3 froze. At that point music was still playing, but the play/pause/stop buttons would no longer function.

3. If there was a way to force disconnect from HS3, I think I could make it work.

Thanks again for the help. Here is the log.

Notes: Mute was pressed after phone was disconnected,

Log file

Comment

Do you have Bonjour installed on your Homeseer server?
              Does any other app on your Homeseer server can find the chromecast (for example in Chrome go to the "Cast..." menu item)?

If you can't figure out why it is not discovered, you can hard code the ip of your chromecast in the ini, read the very first end of the first post in the user guide: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191073
              Yes, I have Bonjour installed, also net.Framework 4.6.1 .
              My HS3 is 3.0.0.312 .
              I've looked into my Internet explorer, ther isn't a "Cast item"

Fischi

Comment

Hi Spud,
                I have unplugged and replugged my Chromecast and after that the plugin has
                found my Chromecast, but the device list shows "Disconnected"
                and the Connect button doesn't connect the Chromecast with the plugin.

Fischi

Comment

Hi Spud,
                  I've disabled and re-enabled the plugin and in the Hs.log I could read:

INFO Found Service: Chromecast-Ultra-3e92e8e8e160a80800bbe2ebb1d3417e

and 50 seconds later

INFO Lost Service: Chromecast-Ultra-3e92e8e8e160a80800bbe2ebb1d3417e

( I'm running the non beta version )

Regards,
                  Fischi

Comment

status

Hi, Is the status device supposed to be working on 3.002? no matter whether i try casting to a google home or Chromecast, from phone or otherwise, the status is "unknown" and does not change. in addition it seems that only volume and mute work. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by npa View Post
                      Hi, Is the status device supposed to be working on 3.002? no matter whether i try casting to a google home or Chromecast, from phone or otherwise, the status is "unknown" and does not change. in addition it seems that only volume and mute work. thanks.
                      no you need the beta version (3.0.0.8) in first post of this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                        Hi Spud,
                        I've disabled and re-enabled the plugin and in the Hs.log I could read:

INFO Found Service: Chromecast-Ultra-3e92e8e8e160a80800bbe2ebb1d3417e

and 50 seconds later

INFO Lost Service: Chromecast-Ultra-3e92e8e8e160a80800bbe2ebb1d3417e

( I'm running the non beta version )

Regards,
                        Fischi
                        If you constantly see Found and Lost messages there may be something wrong with your network.

As I said in my previous message, if you want to bypass the discovery feature you can add your chromecast in the ini file with a new id.

Comment

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post

1. Killing Pandora on my phone wouldn't stop the cast. In fact music kept playing after a reboot of phone. The cast could not be killed until one of two things happened. I restarted pandora on the phone or I rebooted HS3. When it played the start up message, it broke into the chromecasts and killed the connection.

If you go through my log file, there is a point in which I pressed mute on the CC from HS3. At that point, I had killed Pandora on the phone a minute prior. The CC addon in HS3 was allowing me control the stream.

It is like the CC addon sets hooks in the casting so the original playing device is not needed.
                          This is kind of intended, the way chromecasts work you have to hit the stop button in your Pandora (or whatever it's called in this app, I don't use Pandora) if you want to stop streaming.

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                          2. Pressing stop/play/pause worked great until... After I had killed Pandora on the phone and I pressed disconnect from HS3, the playing state on chromecast in HS3 froze. At that point music was still playing, but the play/pause/stop buttons would no longer function.

3. If there was a way to force disconnect from HS3, I think I could make it work.
                          I will look at this freeze you get when you press disconnect, but if the discovery features work as expected, you shouldn't have to press connect/disconnect ever. These controls are intended to manually connect/disconnect to your chromecast in case the discovery fail to work.

If you want to control the playback just use the stop/play/pause buttons

Comment

If you constantly see Found and Lost messages there may be something wrong with your network.

As I said in my previous message, if you want to bypass the discovery feature you can add your chromecast in the ini file with a new id.
                            Spud, is it better to upgrade to 3.0.0.8 ?
                            My Chromecast runs OK in connection to my TV and my Android/ipad without any connection issues .
                            All devices are on the same network.
                            I only see Found and Lost messages once.
                            After "Lost" Chromecast messages don't come anymore.
                            I'll go home and try 3.0.0.8 .

Fischi

Comment

Thanks for staying on this.

This is kind of intended, the way chromecasts work you have to hit the stop button in your Pandora (or whatever it's called in this app, I don't use Pandora) if you want to stop streaming.
                              The problem is that Pandora does not have a stop button . The typical way to shutoff Pandora is to close the app. Does it seem odd that the Pandora stream keeps playing even while my phone is shutoff and rebooting? It doesn't seem to work that way in my car or on other devices.

I will look at this freeze you get when you press disconnect, but if the discovery features work as expected, you shouldn't have to press connect/disconnect ever. These controls are intended to manually connect/disconnect to your chromecast in case the discovery fail to work.

If you want to control the playback just use the stop/play/pause buttons
                              This would be really helpful. When the add-in freezes in the playing state, there is no logical way for me to tell when a new connection is established. HS3 just thinks Pandora has been playing the entire time.

At least if the disconnect or stop/pause functions still worked, I could create an event to reset the state nightly or something.

Right now the only logical way to detect a fresh Pandora stream is to cast Pandora, press pause, and then press play to get HS3 to recognize it is a new connection.

Just thought of an idea. Maybe I could just create an event that powers on my amps when the title changes and set a delayed off event for an hour. It will create some wasted event traffic, but should be reliable for on/off.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Spud,

I've found a solution for the continously "Found" and "Lost" behaviour.
                                The reason is my Fritz.box router , I had to uncheck "automatic" for the
                                WiFi and check a specific WiFi channel.
                                But I can't connect to my Chromecast.
                                The plugin config shows "Enabled" and "Online" but no success.
                                after clicking the TEST button there comes the log.message

Nov-02 20:50:56 Chromecast ERROR Not connected to chromecast Wohnzimmer
                                Nov-02 20:50:56 Chromecast INFO (Wohnzimmer): Hello, this is a test for chromecast plug-in
                                Nov-02 20:48:43 Chromecast INFO Found Service: Chromecast-Ultra-3fb2fbf863e54df059cf38109a335d88

I've tried to restart HS, disabling and re-enabling the plugin but without success.
                                also I've upgraded to 3.0.0.8 .

What's the issue ?

Best regards,
                                Fischi

Comment

Working...
                                X