Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller Zee + MySensors network

Hi from France,
    I've just bought a second hand HT Zee S2 (not yet received) with Z-Wave interface.
    I ordered as well, a z-wave+ 2 relays micromodule from QUBINO for testing...
    BUT
    As the Z-Wave products price is 50$ minimum, i'd like to play with MySensor network accessories...
    Is there any way to do this ?

First take a look here in the my sensor plugin section of homeseer.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171425

Second if you talking about turning on and off light switches with mysensors then I would say NO. If you talking about door sensors, motions or other then your ok. Many of us use an alarm panel kit (no monthly service or companys just a panel off ebay or the like) and use a plugin to tie that to homeseer. You can then wire a 1.00 contact to each door/window/motion/glassbreak and so on. Or use a wireless panel (easier to install but more then wired less then zwave).

If you have more questions just ask.

Comment

There are many options on this site, including this one....

https://www.openhardware.io/view/342...s-Light-Switch

The question is, can/should you do it? Getting it wrong could be very expensive indeed!
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
      BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
      DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Originally posted by dmurphy View Post
        There are many options on this site, including this one....

https://www.openhardware.io/view/342...s-Light-Switch

The question is, can/should you do it? Getting it wrong could be very expensive indeed!
        I feel the same as you on this.

Personally I wouldn't do that, but I'm sure it works.

Comment

Thanks for all that replies and advices.
          I used to be an engenieer when I was operating(I'm retired now)
          Arduino is so pleasant to deal with...
          @ integlikewhoa:This is the link I was looking for;I will check that ASAP
          @ dmurphy: Exactly what I plan to do (among others)

At the moment I more involved in my garden, but as soon as the bad weather is comming... I 'll have a lot lot work ahead of me during fall & winter.
          Cheers

Comment

Mostly here utilize powerline UPB for my light switches. Homeseer talk to X10, UPB, Z-Wave and Zigbee here.

I would prefer not having to deal with batteries and transport wise its the same as always here ...serial...wired network stuff over any dependencies on anything wireless...but that is me...

Environment sensors and meters or measurements are done via analog wired sensors.

Here also have a Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 (X2) combination security and automation panel. Utilize sensors connected to said panel which talk to Homeseer via a plugin. IE: like there are wall PIRs and Occupancy sensor (180 degrees) in the centers of many rooms here. These are wired to the security panel via 22/4 cabling and door sensors (and windows) wired via 22/2 wires (old fashioned I suppose).

Options here on Homeseer are utilizing Arduinios or AD (analog to digital boxes).

Many many years ago for Homeseer utilized the Ocelot devices which continue to work fine today with Homeseer 3.

So you do have a choice of what it is you want to utilize and how you want to connect to Homeseer 3. There are plugins for all of this stuff.

MySensors is included.

Running on Linux you can integrate Perl and Python. Have not seen an Lua much. Just recently testing out the generation of an XML file using a php script running in a cron job. All of this stuff is easier for me to do in Linux versus Windows.

You can also utilize the cloud or not depending .....here utilize Microsoft SAPI text to speech and voice recognition while tinkering with cloud based speech and voice recognition (like the Amazon Echo for example).

You can utilize MTQQ if you want with Homeseer. Options are all there.
            Last edited by Pete; August 22, 2017, 12:05 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X