Initiate IFTTT Action from Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initiate IFTTT Action from Script

I've just started playing around with IFTTT and quickly figured out that this plug-in is much more flexible than the MyHS IFTTT route since it supports more than device on/off triggers. However, In some cases what I need to be able to do is run a script to work through some complex logic and then trigger an IFTTT Action based on the results. Is it possible to initiate an IFTTT Action from a script? I know I could always just create a bunch of manual events with IFTTT Actions and run the event from the script but I was hoping for something a little cleaner.

Thanks,
    Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

it's not possible with the current version of the plug-in, but I could easily add a scripting to function to wrrte a text file to your dropbox, i. e. what the plugin does to trigger an IFTTT action

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      it's not possible with the current version of the plug-in, but I could easily add a scripting to function to wrrte a text file to your dropbox, i. e. what the plugin does to trigger an IFTTT action
      That would be great!

Thanks,
      Ken
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

in version 3.0.1.0 available here I have added the following scripting function:

Code:
        bool RunIFTTTAction(string dropboxFolder, string dropboxFile)
        here is an example of a C# script to call this function:

Code:
        public object Main(object[] Parms)
        {
            hs.PluginFunction("IFTTT", "", "RunIFTTTAction", new object[] { "/IFTTT/Actions/Test", "test.txt" });

return 0;
        }
        Note that this version of the plugin uses a new version of the Dropbox API so you will have to reauthorize your account to use it.

Comment

Working...
        X