Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blink / flash function not working

Hi Greig,

At first a big thanks for this great plug-in and all the work you put in to this, overall this plug-in seems to works great and the internet connection possibility is a great advantage to the USB/script version ( which i use still on a HS2 system)

I have been testing with plug-in version 1.24/sketch 1.22 for a while now, and that seems to work great without problems (with genuine boards and shields (V2) and cat5e cable up to 50 mtr).

Today i installed beta 1.31 / sketch 1.27 and now the blink and flash function for output's isn't working any more, (this is no big problem, but the blink feature was a nice add-on)
    Is there anyone else having the same problem, or could it be my configuration (HS3 3.0.0.297 / windows 10 )

regards,
    Peet

Originally posted by SoWhat View Post
    Hi Greig,

At first a big thanks for this great plug-in and all the work you put in to this, overall this plug-in seems to works great and the internet connection possibility is a great advantage to the USB/script version ( which i use still on a HS2 system)

I have been testing with plug-in version 1.24/sketch 1.22 for a while now, and that seems to work great without problems (with genuine boards and shields (V2) and cat5e cable up to 50 mtr).

Today i installed beta 1.31 / sketch 1.27 and now the blink and flash function for output's isn't working any more, (this is no big problem, but the blink feature was a nice add-on)
    Is there anyone else having the same problem, or could it be my configuration (HS3 3.0.0.297 / windows 10 )

regards,
    Peet
    Blink and flash are working here and have worked with all versions since implemented. I have several LEDs that blink daily. Currently running 1.0.0.131 with HS 3.0.0.298.
    Last edited by randy; November 14, 2016, 07:47 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I also use the blink and flash feature since it was implemented and it is working in my setup with no issues. I am running HomeSeer 3.0.0.218 and Arduino plugin version 1.0.0.131.
      Billy

Comment

Problem solved!

Problem was related to multiple library locations.

I installed the Arduino IDE 1.6.8 into the "Program Files (x86)\Arduino" folder and updated the libraries with the one Greig supplied

In the IDE preferences i set sketchbook location to "Documents\Arduino" folder.

When the IDE informs me that there where updates to my libraries it will place them in "Documents\Arduino\libraries" (I find this a bit strange)

When compiling the IDE tells me that multiple Ethernet2.h libraries were found and it will use the one in the "Documents\Arduino" folder instead of the one in the "Program Files\Arduino" folder.
        I did not noticed this before because it was no compiling error.

Removed the libraries from "Documents\Arduino" compiled again and the blink / flash function is working again.

Comment

Working...
        X