Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need recommendation for Gate Control device

So guys,

I've seen a couple of Z Wave controllers for Garage Doors over at shop.homeseer.com, but according to HS support, they only work for up/down garage doors, definitely not suited for Gate control.

So what about gate control? what are you guys using?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a dual swing gate and a slide gate and I use the following control systems:

1. Doorking Access Control Panels-One outside that uses codes to open the gates or to call into the house, which allows talking to the person at the gate and opening if desired.ne panel inside that is simply used for code control of gates without a remote.

2. Liftmaster remote control - 4 button remotes can open two garages and either of the two gates.

3. HomeSeer control through wired input and output contact closures connected to an ELk M1G using UltraM1G plugin. But this could be accomplished through any device that provides Inputs and Outputs. Technically you only need outputs, but I uses multiple inputs on each gate to determine current status and included in the event conditions. An example of an alternate technology here would be Global Cache.

All of these operate completely independently, and I find this approach gives me a ton of flexibility regarding gate access control.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Vector

Comment

Working...
    X