Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggers needed

Hi Blade,

I did buy your RadioRA plug-in in a good faith.
    However, I just realized that I need the RadioRA triggers.
    Those are items 4. and 8. in the long list above.
    It's not just about me. Triggers are essential part of HS3 operation and will help many of the current and future clients.

Thanks,
    RISquare

Comment

If you manually press a master control button do you see the device in HS3 change?
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

errors

Hi Blade,

Can't answer your question because RadioRA plug-in broke completely.
        Just hooked my new HS3 system to my real RadioRA equipment.
        Can't execute a simple RadioRA command.
        See below for what I get in the log.
        All was operational before the switch to the new HS3 computer.
        The com ports of the new computer were tested OK with my DSC system that works.
        Restarted both HS3 and the computer. Removed and Re-installed BLRadioRA plug-in. No change.

The only difference from my previous tests with the old HS2 computer (when BLRadioRA was working) is that the old computer had native com ports on the back panel, whereas the new computer doesn't and I'm using "USB to Serial" adapters. However, the com ports were tested and they operate properly and the settings are correct as well.

Thanks,
        RISquare

Nov-15 7:16:04 PM BLRadioRA error Error, Set Dimmer Level provided to Handle Action, but Action ID 9221 could not be recovered.
        Nov-15 7:16:04 PM BLRadioRA error Error, Set Dimmer Level provided to Handle Action, but Action ID 6735 could not be recovered.
        Nov-15 7:16:04 PM BLRadioRA error Error, Set Dimmer Level provided to Handle Action, but Action ID 8106 could not be recovered.
        Nov-15 7:16:04 PM BLRadioRA error Error, Set Dimmer Level provided to Handle Action, but Action ID 5468 could not be recovered.
        Last edited by risquare; November 15, 2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

...more info

1. Tested other commands. Apparently everything else is working but

"Set dimmer level" command that produces the errors mentioned above.

This eliminates all suspicions about communication channel and switching computers. Also I might have not tested this particular command before. I did brief testing and as far as I remember I was testing "button press" command on my old computer not "set dimmer level". So it is not something that was working before for me.

2. All zones from system 2 are missing in the drop down box of the action menu for all commands that deal with individual zones such as "set dimmer level" "set zone level" " set Graphic Eye scene number". You do have S1 /S2 selector but it doesn't change the display in the drop down box that always shows the zones in S1.

Pls. fix ASAP.

Thanks,

RISquare
          Last edited by risquare; November 16, 2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

OK I will have a look at it as soon as I can
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

RISquare

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                If you manually press a master control button do you see the device in HS3 change?
                Yes, indeed it does change, which will address the triggering issue. There are some issues with ALL ON and ALL OFF buttons which always return the same status when pressed --> ON and OFF respectively, which will make it difficult to use them as triggers as they never change status, unless HS3 can trigger by "turning OFF a device that is already OFF". Can HS3 do that ?

Thanks,

RISquare

P.S. This makes p.4 and p.8 mute from the long document above. Obviously you are doing things differently than RadioRA HS2 plug-in. I had the latter in mind when I wrote these p.4 and p.8. They had Radio RA as direct triggers in the trigger drop down menu, whereas you change the status of the associated HS3 devices and use those to trigger the usual way as HS3 triggers by device.

Comment

Were your "Set Dimmer Level" event actions created before I made changes to the event actions?
                  If so you may have to re-do the event actions because the object changed when I added the system to the actions
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Not before. All actions after the install of RadioRA plug-in.
                    Here is the sequence
                    1. Installed BLRadioRA latest version.
                    2. BLRadio RA created standard devices called Zone1, Zone2 ...Zone1(s2), Zone2(s2) ... etc.
                    3. I renamed all the devices to correspond to my real ones.
                    4. Designed few scripts
                    5. Connected the serial port to Lutron RadioRA serial port.
                    6. Reboot the computer.
                    7. Tested the scripts and got the errors.

RISquare

Comment

BTW to be absolutely sure I just created a test event with "Set dimmer level" action and got this error

Nov-16 7:22:11 PM BLRadioRA error Error, Set Dimmer Level provided to Handle Action, but Action ID 7332 could not be recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                        BTW to be absolutely sure I just created a test event with "Set dimmer level" action and got this error

Nov-16 7:22:11 PM BLRadioRA error Error, Set Dimmer Level provided to Handle Action, but Action ID 7332 could not be recovered.
                        Is it only "Set Dimmer Level" that is not working?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Try out 2.0.10 and let me know
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

one fixed second one not

Originally posted by risquare View Post
                            1. Tested other commands. Apparently everything else is working but

"Set dimmer level" command that produces the errors mentioned above.

This eliminates all suspicions about communication channel and switching computers. Also I might have not tested this particular command before. I did brief testing and as far as I remember I was testing "button press" command on my old computer not "set dimmer level". So it is not something that was working before for me.

2. All zones from system 2 are missing in the drop down box of the action menu for all commands that deal with individual zones such as "set dimmer level" "set zone level" " set Graphic Eye scene number". You do have S1 /S2 selector but it doesn't change the display in the drop down box that always shows the zones in S1.

Pls. fix ASAP.

Thanks,

RISquare
                            Hi Blade,

Issue 1. is fixed now. Issue 2. still remains, which is quite important. Do you understand it? Do you want me to explain at length what it is about?

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

For issue #2

I made it so that only the zone numbers from 1-32 appear in the listbox for either S1 or S2
                              The command should control the proper zone on the selected system
                              Does it not work?
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

I see 2 ways of fixing it in the BLRadioRA action menu

a) pull S1/S2 selector up first and zone drop down menu second. If S1 is selected than you display system 1 zones in the drop down menu. If S2 is selected than you dysplay System 2 zones.

b) show a long list of all 64 zones starting with 32 zones of S1 followed by 32 zones of S2. In this case the S1/S2 selector will not be necessary.

whatever is easier for you. Either one will work for me.

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

Working...
                                X