Do you about a distance detector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you about a distance detector?

Does anybody know about a device that can warn you when your away from a particular thing or device? For example, I have a iPad that my work give to the employees to do there work, the issue is that I sometime drift away from the device which can cause me to loose the device. I was wondering if anybody knows if there a type of distance detector that will warn me when I walk away from my iPad like a beeper.
    Last edited by Rotech; January 1, 2014, 07:53 PM.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Would something like this work?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Would something like this work?
      Wow uncle Micheal... That is exactly what I need, but ouch!!! The price is steep...
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Here's something similar.
        http://www.thetileapp.com/
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Here's something similar.
          http://www.thetileapp.com/
          Good one Rupp, but you have to have iOS and I have android.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            Good one Rupp, but you have to have iOS and I have android.
            Oh, I thought you mentioned an iPad. How about a string about 6 feet long tied to a belt loop
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Oh, I thought you mentioned an iPad. How about a string about 6 feet long tied to a belt loop
              rubber band ??
              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

I have this little device which I purchased years ago which basically was a little tag you could attach to your tablet and a small pager looking device you put on your belt.

Thinking it was meant to watch your laptop, suitcases or kids while you sat waiting for a flight at an airport or similiar.

I might have purchased it from All Electronics or Geeks dot com many years ago. It did work fine at the time. I bought more than one. I will look for them. Thinking it had a decent range on it.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  I have this little device which I purchased years ago which basically was a little tag you could attach to your tablet and a small pager looking device you put on your belt.

Thinking it was meant to watch your laptop, suitcases or kids while you sat waiting for a flight at an airport or similiar.

I might have purchased it from All Electronics or Geeks dot com many years ago. It did work fine at the time. I bought more than one. I will look for them. Thinking it had a decent range on it.
                  Pete that is exactly what I need, what's the name of the device?
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The Device is called "car and stray child search system" by Davidcraft model number 49101.

I am not sure how old it is. I opened a new box and this one was just sitting on a shelf.

I do not see the other ones I purchased. I gave them away one year for Christmas to a group that I managed.

The pager piece has 4 LEDs on it marked care, search 30 feet and 60 feet.

The transmitter is a little pendant that appear to be something you would put around a wrist.

There is an on/off and help function on the pendant so if you tablet needs help it can page you.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      The Device is called "car and stray child search system" by Davidcraft model number 49101.

I am not sure how old it is. I opened a new box and this one was just sitting on a shelf.

I do not see the other ones I purchased. I gave them away one year for Christmas to a group that I managed.

The pager piece has 4 LEDs on it marked care, search 30 feet and 60 feet.

The transmitter is a little pendant that appear to be something you would put around a wrist.

There is an on/off and help function on the pendant so if you tablet needs help it can page you.
                      Would you like to sell it?
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hector,

Send me a PM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Email sent
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                          X