New Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hardware

I'm considering HomeSeer HS3 software but have purchased other home control software and am concerned about new hardware being supported by HomeSeer.

I see there is a beta for Echo but little info on it. Would we be able to send commands to HomeSeer?

Also how hard is it to write or get Home Seer to write a interface for new hardware for use by HomeSeer HS3? For example I have a Measurement Computing USB digital interface http://www.mccdaq.com/usb-data-acqui...24-Series.aspx
    that would be nice to use with HomeSeer.

Thanks

I can answer the plugin part. The device you linked appears to have libraries available for Visual Studio, so you should be able to write a plugin to interface with HS. Just a word of caution: the plugin development process comes with a fairly steep learning curve. The SDK example application would be a good place to start and see how HS works internally. The good news is that your interface has that library, so it's a matter of merging the two into a plugin application.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Also how hard is it to write or get Home Seer to write a interface for new hardware for use by HomeSeer HS3? For example I have a Measurement Computing USB digital interface http://www.mccdaq.com/usb-data-acqui...24-Series.aspx
      that would be nice to use with HomeSeer.
      Next to impossible I would say - HST already have a IO interface (ADIO-100) for sale and programming resources are clearly stretched so personally I see it unlikely HST will develop one for you. As rmasonjr says, being as though they have a .net library then it is simplified to develop a plugin to talk to HS but it is a steep curve if you are not a programmer, it would probably take a programmer a day or two but things get difficult if you don't have the hardware to test with.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        I can answer the plugin part. The device you linked appears to have libraries available for Visual Studio, so you should be able to write a plugin to interface with HS. Just a word of caution: the plugin development process comes with a fairly steep learning curve. The SDK example application would be a good place to start and see how HS works internally. The good news is that your interface has that library, so it's a matter of merging the two into a plugin application.
        What is a SDK plugin? Is it one of the free plugins?

Also I see there is a beta for Echo but little info on it. Would we be able to send commands to HomeSeer?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilsenRM View Post
          What is a SDK plugin? Is it one of the free plugins?

Also I see there is a beta for Echo but little info on it. Would we be able to send commands to HomeSeer?
          The SDK is basically an example plugin. You use it to get a sense of how Devices, Conditions, Triggers, and Actions all work inside HS. The download link is on this page:
          http://homeseer.com/3rd-party-develo...on-policy.html
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
          X