EVENT:"Control a Device" Not working, "Send X10" Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVENT:"Control a Device" Not working, "Send X10" Working

I still have some X10 devices in my configuration which I need to control inside of an Event. If the Action is setup as "Control a device", it does not work consistently. In addition to controlling X10 devices, this event is doing other actions which are in fact working. Note that I can navigate to the device on the device management page and turn the X10 device on/off without issue. However, if I simply change the Action to "Send X10" and just send the Device on/off command, it works every time. Is there an known issue with this? Is anyone else having this issue?

Originally posted by cyber_jocky View Post
    I still have some X10 devices in my configuration which I need to control inside of an Event. If the Action is setup as "Control a device", it does not work consistently.
    Are you trying to turn the device on/off or something else? Can you post a screen shot of the event?
    When you say it does not work consistently, what happens? Is there just no response from the device or does it do something besides what you expect?
    Which X10 plug-in are you using ("X10" or "CM15A")?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Are you trying to turn the device on/off or something else?
      I have tried dimming settings and Only sending device on.
      Can you post a screen shot of the event?
      See attachment.
      When you say it does not work consistently, what happens?
      Poor phraseology on my part: When triggered, the event sends an email but none of the X10 lights turn on ( ever ).

Is there just no response from the device or does it do something besides what you expect?
      No.
      Which X10 plug-in are you using ("X10" or "CM15A")?
      (X10) TI103
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm stumped. I'm using a CM11 emulator (XTB 232) and send commands like these without any problem.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Are you sending them from the context of an event as I am. I can issue commands like these from HS3 but just not within an event.

Comment

They are event actions. I've included a couple of examples.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hmm,
              Looks like you are doing exactly what I want to but it just isn't working for me so I have to resort to sending the x10 command directly....
              Not sure what else to try.

Comment

Working...
              X