www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software

HomeSeer Software Discussions regarding all current HomeSeer software

Old May 24th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Seer

Smart Home Anouncement Audio files Free

I have been working on audio files that will play when events occur in my house. Thought I would share them here for anyone that would like them. Looks like about 31 different audio files professional recorded.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Smart Home Audio files.zip (1,018.7 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by nofreeze; May 24th, 2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old May 24th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Seer Master

Thanks, these are great and I can use.
Now I need to get my girlfriend to change her name to Nicole.

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave
Old May 24th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Seer Plus

Talking

Or just dump her and find a Nicole.
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Seer Master

@nofreeze, Many thanxs for sharing your Audio Files, slow question how do you get HS3 to play these files, I thought it was simple by creating a simple Event to "Play an Audio file" with a file selected via Browse Edit. I can see the selected audio file but when I play it nothing comes out of my SONO speakers via HS3. Before you ask my other Speak events work before and after running this play audio file Event. What am I missing? looking at my log I see that the event was executed but no sound from the file.

Quote:
Jun-28 9:54:24 PM
Event
Event Trigger "Speak MP3 Test"
Jun-28 9:54:24 PM
Event
Event Speak MP3 Test triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
Seer

UPDATE: Whilst wading through the various threads I came upon a "Work around" that seems to work for the "Speak Something" function. Apparently other's had difficulties running MP3 and WAV files using the "Speak Something" function... The work around was to not use the speak a file but instead use the Speak text field and inserting the complete path and name of file where you would normally enter a text string, the net is that it works. I was able to string several sound files along a long with an announcement via separate "Then" Actions and they worked. I noticed that there seems to be a maximum speak duration window as my last sound file (3rd one) would not play completely even though I select "Wait until speech is finished" option for all of the events. can anyone confirm and is there a work a round?

Last edited by MNB; June 29th, 2017 at 11:24 AM.