Send Email on Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Email on Alarm

I am trying to send an SMS/Email when my DSC system is armed and a zone is being violated. However, neither the partition, DSC parent or LED status devices have a trigger when the alarm goes off. I have attached an image of what option I get for the partition. DSC - Parent o9nly has "(Enter a custom value or value range)", "(Set to 'Any Value')" and "An Invalid or Error State".

I read that people who want to find out which zone has been violated create a virtual zone which tracks status changes of zones, i.e. if the system is armed and if the zone changes to "Zone Opened". I could use this approach but that's just way to cumbersome (I deal with a lot of zones, 3 partitions and special cases). Hence, I hope there is an easy way to simply have an event when a partition has been violated.
    Attached Files

Roland, here is how I trigger an event when a partition is in alarm. Verify that the devices Armed Away and Partition in Alarm have the status graphics set properly.

Also, you need an event that sets all the DSC devices to Reset Status when the system is disarmed. The plugin sets the devices but doesn't reset them.

- Robert
    Attached Files

Comment

Also, recently I have started using the Pushover plugin for Homeseer messages. The advantage over texting for me is that HS messages have a unique notification sound. The pic attachment is larger as well. However, for Partition in Alarm messages, I send e-mails, texts & pushovers.

- Robert

Comment

Robert, thanks. I don't see any device "Armed Away" and "Partition in Alarm". The only devices I have are:

* DSC - Parent
        * LCD Update
        * LEDStatus - Bypass
        * Partition-1 to Partition-3
        * Zone-1 to Zone-64

Are these two devices you mentioned virtual devices that you created? If so did you write some scripts for them to send commands to the DSC panel?

Also you said to reset all the DSC devices. In my case I only see two devices to have a "Reset Status" and they are LCD Update and LEDStatus - Bypass. I assume these are the ones you are referring to.

Comment

You need to add them in the plugin's device config page.

- Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Ah, that's the devices you were referring to. The documentation doesn't really say anything about it. And they also don't include the appropriate status codes. They only have 999 for reset. Also I wonder how the correct status values can be figured out.

In any case, I tried to create the event you showed in your previous post. However, I could not set a trigger "Parition-1" = "Partition in Alarm" as it only has the options "Arm Partition" and "Disarm Partition" (see image below). Now I can check the device "Partition in Alarm" for the value "Partition in Alarm" (see attachment). However, that doesn't seem to work because I caused an alarm but the event didn't get triggered.
            Attached Files

Comment

I posted the wrong device. Here is Partition-1. There are a lot of states but I am sure that the plugin populated it automatically.

- Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

I had exactly the same values as you up to 102. I didn't have any of the status values 300 and above. Interestingly, these are the only ones that are "Status" only (rather than control or both). I now added them manually and tried again. This time I got a notification when the alarm was triggered.

Btw, I did change the sequence of the triggers. In my case the existing condition is "DSC Armed - Away" = "Armed Away" and then I trigger when Partition-1 changes to Partition in Alarm. The idea is that the action is executed as soon as the status of Partition-1 changes. I am not sure how fast/frequently the status of your conditions are checked. Maybe there is no or very small difference.

Thanks again for your GREAT help!
                Attached Files

Comment

I might have added the values 300 and above. I used the IT-100 manual and used a terminal emulator (such as Terra Term) to capture the traffic. I put the codes into an excel file which I have attached (in case it's useful to you). You'll have to rename it from .txt to .xlsx.

- Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

The codes below 500 are not standard codes.

There are custom codes derived from extracting data from the messages sent by the panel.

Codes 500 and above are the exact message sent from the panel.
                    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Wade, you wrote the plugin, correct?

- Robert

Comment

Working...
                      X