SkyBell HD Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkyBell HD Integration

I searched through the threads regarding SkyBell but mostly just found general discussions which door bell is better. Hence I assume there is still no integration with HomeSeer (or an API that I could use) so I can access the video stream, trigger events when they bell is activated, etc. If there is then please let me know.

Originally posted by mulu View Post
    I searched through the threads regarding SkyBell but mostly just found general discussions which door bell is better. Hence I assume there is still no integration with HomeSeer (or an API that I could use) so I can access the video stream, trigger events when they bell is activated, etc. If there is then please let me know.
    The only way I am aware of is iftt.
    Iftt can only detect motion & doorbell and transfer actions to hs3.
    You can also trigger skybell recording from ifttt.
    The bad side is you cannot reach the videostream, video is recorded as normal in the app.
    https://ifttt.com/skybell
    You can also create your own applets to connect with HS3
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I have a z-wave dry contact sensor wired in line with my skybell. When the skybell button is pressed it triggers the sensor and an HS3 event plays a lovely doorbell sound throughout the house on my sonos, etc.

Comment

I am having issues with using IFTTT. I recently purchased a chime by Dome, setup SkyBell to trigger a HomeSeer event and then ring the chime. However, quite frequently (maybe 1/3 of the time) the event isn't being triggered. Has anybody else experienced this?

Comment

Did anyone ever get this working? I setup an IFTTT integration to alert homeseer when the SkyBell is pushed (and sound a dome siren in the basement, where you can't hear the main doorbell), but the alerts from IFTTT always seem to come in between 5 and 30 minutes after the bell was pushed...

Comment

I never got this to work. If I did get a notification at all then it was extremely delayed. IFTTT blamed SkyBell and SkyBell blamed IFTTT. I did get it to work using stringify. It worked for more than half a year but currently I am having issues with it not working at all. It keeps on losing connection with SkyBell.

Comment

Well, I tried to get this working again and IFTTT still is pretty much unusable. Then I tried stringify but that service is gone. So I am still stuck with a doorbell that can't ring a chime because it doesn't integrate with anything than IFTTT and that implementation for any practical purposes is useless... If you have a solution please let us know.
              mda, what dry contact module are you using?

Comment

mda, what dry contact module are you using?
                I am using the Everspring SM103 http://www.everspring.com/portfolio-...ndow-detector/ but it is something I bought many years ago and I am sure there are newer devices that do the same thing and are Z-Wave+

Comment

mda, so how exactly did you wire this inline with the skybell. Any schematics would be helpful.

Comment

mda, so how exactly did you wire this inline with the skybell. Any schematics would be helpful.
                    I think the schematic here is right (or pretty close), using a Functional Devices RIBU1C relay https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...004#post873004

I also have a 10 ohm resistor in my setup because I don’t have a chime box. My actual wiring is a bit hard to access (I did not do the wiring) so I’m not sure if I can get at it, but I will try.

Comment

Working...
                    X