Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A call was made to save a global variable (LogType) but that global variable has not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A call was made to save a global variable (LogType) but that global variable has not

Hi all,

Just trying out this plugin, I'm getting an error when a log event is caught.

Code:
    Apr-17 10:18:01 PM         Error    A call was made to save a global variable (LogType) but that global variable has not been defined.   
    Apr-17 10:18:01 PM         Informational    UltraLog3 HSPI capture variable "LogType" ready for use. See HomeSeer GetVar API for usage.   
    Apr-17 10:18:01 PM         Error    A call was made to save a global variable (LogMessage) but that global variable has not been defined.   
    Apr-17 10:18:01 PM         Informational    UltraLog3 HSPI capture variable "LogMessage" ready for use. See HomeSeer GetVar API for usage.
    Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Hello,

The way I am testing and initializing HomeSeer global variables within my plug-in are being written as errors by HomeSeer. I am not sure why HomeSeer does this. As far as the plug-in is concerned, it's working as designed.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for clarifying

Cheers

Comment

I see the errors as well, but only when the LogType and LogMessage global variables had not already been defined by previous UltraLog triggered events; i.e., once UltraLog creates the Global variables, subsequent triggers do not generate log errors (and I assume will stay that way until you restart HomeSeer). Is that what you all see as well?

Regards,
        BBB

Comment

Working...
        X