This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 Install on Win2003 Missing Web Interface

I've finally gotten around to installing HS2 on my Win 2003 box (been running 1.7), and while it appears to be running (I get event popups), the Web Interface is missing. Looks like it did not get setup in IIS.

Can anyone point me to some info on where the pages are and/or how to manually configure IIS for HS2?

Thanks!

Steve

Steve,
    HS has it's own web server and doesn't use IIS. Are you saying if you select view > Events (for ex) you are not getting a web page?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Correct; is not serving web pages from the window.

Rupp,

Yup! Selecting any of the menu items opens an IE browser with a 404 "Page Not Found" error. I tried it on the old port 81 also, but no good there either. It does not specify a port on the address string for the browser url...

Did something not install correctly? My v1.7 install is still in a separate directory from the HS2 app., BTW.

Steve

Comment

Your not running HS 1.7 and 2.0 at the same time are you? If so your probably competing for the port. Also check windows firewall and make sure it's not blocking the request. Are you running any other firewall software?

Comment

Nope! Just running 2.0. I meerly wanted to mention that this was not an upgrade in place, sorry!

Should I try the lastest build? Do u know anyone else that's installed it successfully on a Win 2003 Std server?

Comment

Yes several users have successfully installed HS 2.0 on Win2k3 server. A few users had to install asp.net to get the updater to work. Is your server setup as an application server?

Comment

Yes, and it has ASP.NET v1.1 installed, with working web apps...

Comment

Hum... With working web apps. So are you running IIS already? If so my guess is your probably using IIS on port 80? If so this is the default port that HS wants. Try stopping IIS for a second. Then see if HS woks. Then change the port HS is running on to something other than 80.

Comment

'Twas a thought, but stopping IIS while hitting http://localhost/conf did not work.

I even tried to move my default web site to port 81, but alass she no work.

Comment

Are there any clues in the event viewer? I would try upgrading to one of the new beta's as well since a TON of stuff was fixed. Are you sure the Windows firewall isn't blocking access?

Comment

The event log will tell you what port the server is running on. It attempts to use port 80, and if there is an error it tries the next port and so on until if finds an open port. But selecting Devices from the View menu will automatically select the proper port.

The most common issue with this is as Rupp mentioned, a firewall program blocking the port.

Comment

Well, it just took a recycle of the HS app for it to start working. The log said the listener terminated early on and I had missed that. Thanks for your help!

<Egg on face />

Comment

Me too

I'm suffering the same problem. Win2003SBS, with IIS running on port 80. I don't see any conflict listed in the HS event log, and it continues to attempt to find it's pages within IIS without success.

Unlike Steve's experience, shutting down and restarting HS didn't help. Event log shows "Web Server thread started on port 80", followed by a warning "Webserver listener thread exited". And it continues to look to IIS to serve up it's pages.

Isn't there some way to force it to a different port?

Comment

Edit > Setup Select the web server tab. Second option down.

Comment

Or edit the conf\settings.ini and change the port to something else like 81;

svrport=81

You can also stop IIS and it should allow the listener to start. My problem was HS needed to be bounced before it would recycle the listener on port 80. I now run HS on port 81, and IIS on port 80.

Comment

Working...
                              X