Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon API - Thermostat Query Added, HomeSeer to Add for use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon API - Thermostat Query Added, HomeSeer to Add for use?

Hello,

With the addition of Thermostat Query to the Alexa/Amazon API, is HomeSeer going to add that to the Connected Home API for us to use?

Amazon release info here:

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/p...rt-home-skills

If so, we would finally be able to do the following without having to install the Skill:

-Travis

We will take a look at it, I don't have a date for the support. I don't see this as being very important since you are in the home and can feel the temp, why would you want to know the inside temp? You can ask for the temp with the "ask homeseer" skill if you enable that.

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
    Hello,

With the addition of Thermostat Query to the Alexa/Amazon API, is HomeSeer going to add that to the Connected Home API for us to use?

Amazon release info here:

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/p...rt-home-skills

If so, we would finally be able to do the following without having to install the Skill:

-Travis
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I do this with Jon's helper... but there is the ask homeseer or whatever involved.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        We will take a look at it, I don't have a date for the support. I don't see this as being very important since you are in the home and can feel the temp, why would you want to know the inside temp? You can ask for the temp with the "ask homeseer" skill if you enable that.
        If you say "Alexa, set the bedrooms thermostat to 74 degrees" - how do you know it's not already set to 74 degrees?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yes, please add this thermostat support, now that it is possible. It is the only thing that I need to still "Ask Homeseer" to do. It would be great to be able to ask Echo what the temp is, if you are trying to regulate or adjust the normally automatic control of the thermostat.

Comment

Not sure what your setup is, but this already works with the Ecobee skill. I can now ask Alexa what the temp is in the Bedroom (or any room with sensor) and it comes back and tells me.

If you have a nest, I understand there is a 3rd party "Thermostat skill" that is much better than the Nest one that does the same... better.

Comment

Hey Rich,

It's been a bit since we last brought up this topic. Did you happen to look into this yet? The example was a house but using the API I could ask what the temperature of my pool is, or my solar water temp etc which would be a better example for my use. We do not use the "Ask homeseer" skill at our home.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                Hey Rich,

It's been a bit since we last brought up this topic. Did you happen to look into this yet? The example was a house but using the API I could ask what the temperature of my pool is, or my solar water temp etc which would be a better example for my use. We do not use the "Ask homeseer" skill at our home.

-Travis
                +1

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Comment

Any work on integrating these new Alexa commands? I tried them on my setup today and it said my device doesn't support that yet.
                    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                    Way2 Call
                    Elk M1 Gold
                    UPB HAI switches
                    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

They asked us to change a couple of things, we did that yesterday and submitted the skill back to them. Waiting on their reply. I am hopeful we are close. They have have taking 1-2 days to get back to us. I will post as soon as I hear something.

Originally posted by email68 View Post
                      Any work on integrating these new Alexa commands? I tried them on my setup today and it said my device doesn't support that yet.

Comment

Great! Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the effort on this!
                        -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                        Way2 Call
                        Elk M1 Gold
                        UPB HAI switches
                        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

They asked us to change a couple of things, we did that yesterday and submitted the skill back to them. Waiting on their reply. I am hopeful we are close. They have have taking 1-2 days to get back to us. I will post as soon as I hear something.

Is this pending update also the one which will enable event Voice Command and other things?

I really would like to be able to make my Homeseer devices to work in Alexa-enabled groups so we can say "turn on the lights" and only have lights in that particular room come on without creating a routine and switching a HS virtual device to trigger a HS event.

Comment

Yes, can assign an Echo to a room, then add devices to that room and control them as a group.

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
                            Is this pending update also the one which will enable event Voice Command and other things?

I really would like to be able to make my Homeseer devices to work in Alexa-enabled groups so we can say "turn on the lights" and only have lights in that particular room come on without creating a routine and switching a HS virtual device to trigger a HS event.

Comment

Just got word that the V3 API has been approved. As of this post the message said that the skill will be enabled "shortly". You can try to re-link your account and see if you get it. When I verify that its actually working I will post.

If your locks are discovered when you run the discovery, then you have the new skill.

Comment

Working...
                              X