Scripting serial port connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scripting serial port connection

I need to develop connectivity between the SEL and an arduino connected via serial port. Does anyone have any pointers on scripting syntax (example) and port setup to get me started?

Many thanks

Originally posted by r55boy View Post
    I need to develop connectivity between the SEL and an arduino connected via serial port. Does anyone have any pointers on scripting syntax (example) and port setup to get me started?

Many thanks
    You will struggle because the HS methods won't work as they are expecting an integer to be passed to open the com port whereas linux will give you a string, as such they don't work. This has been logged in Bugzilla for years however there does not appear to be much interest in a fix, Rich advises that you can program a serial port class in .net and send data which I know you can do however receiving data unless things have changed would be problematic due to a missing event in the Mono serial port class.

Comment

I am happy to give this a try if you or @richard can give me a pointer. I saw the info on the bugzilla, if there is simple .net script i can use as a starting point to receive a string and write it to the debug log. From there i can investigate.

Any idea?

Comment

Working...
      X