This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISYInsteon release 3.0.1.0 now available

I'm pleased to announce that after a very long alpha/beta period, The ISYInsteon plug-in for HS3 is now available in the HomeSeer store.

ISYInsteon Plug-in

I'd like to thank everyone that tried, reported bugs, helped with debugging logs, and provided feedback during the development. With the number of different devices and almost unlimited ways to use the ISY controller, there is no way I am able to test every possible combination or even imagine all the different ways the plug-in can be used.

This change does not mean an end to development. Please continue to make suggestions and report any issues.

When I started converting over the HS2 version of the plug-in to HS3 back in 2013 I never thought that it would take this long to get to the point where I am confident enough to make it available in the HS store. Both HS3 and the ISY have evolved significantly during this time. At times it has been a challenge to keep up with that evolution. Again, I want to thank everyone for sticking with me during this long release cycle.

The beta version will remain in the updater and remain usable without a license until it expires near the end of May 2018. It will also receive any new updates during that time so there is no rush to migrate to the release version.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

"The beta version will remain in the updater and remain usable without a license until it expires near the end of May 2018. It will also receive any new updates during that time so there is no rush to migrate to the release version."

Look again, I wasted an entire vacation day because I trusted the update, and killed my installation. "TRIAL EXPIRED" The new version in the updater was a VERY unpleasant surprise. Fixing it remotely was a nightmare on a hometroller.

I like the plugin and would have paid for it long ago had it been an option.
    Now I need to cool off for a while

Comment

I understand your frustration and am sorry for all the confusion. Had I known that it would show up in the updater before it was available in the store, I would have done things a bit different and at least posted something prior to it being available.

My expectation was that HS would notify me before it went live, but that didn't happen so I was unaware that it was in the updater until there was a post about it here.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Should we purchase the plugin before updating to avoid problems? What is the best way. I can update it in the updater now, but I don't want it disabled and in a messed up state during the transition.

Never mind. I just updated without issue. I have another issue I'll post in a separate thread.

Thanks!
        Last edited by timlacey; January 31, 2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
          Should we purchase the plugin before updating to avoid problems? What is the best way. I can update it in the updater now, but I don't want it disabled and in a messed up state during the transition.
          Just to provide some additional information for other that have this same question.

I believe the HS licensing system thinks the beta version and release version are the same plug-in (which they are). And thus, it will most likely determine that you've been running it longer than the 30 day trial period when you upgrade to the release version.

What that means is that to ensure that you have no downtime you should have a license in-hand prior to doing the upgrade. It does take HS some small amount of time to process and send out the license info.

The beta version is good until May 20th and any updates between now and then will be applied to both the release and beta version to keep them synchronized. So technically, the release version is really an "upgrade", just a switch from non-licensed to licensed.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Help - Plug-in Not Working

I'm a long time ISY and HomeSeer user. I was using the beta version of the ISYInsteon plug-in and have since purchased and updated to 3.0.1.0 on my HS3 Pro system.

All ISY devices, etc. appear in the HomeSeer Device list but they're all greyed out and do not function. Things previously worked with the beta version.

Also, when I attempt to hide devices via the ISYInsteon Device Filter page, the selected devices are not hidden. Even selecting and saving all does not change the behavior.

I've disabled/re-enabled the plug-in several times and also removed and reinstalled it. I've also rebooted the HS3 computer a couple of times. No change regardless of what I've done.

The ISYInsteon Plug-in Status page and log file seems to indicate all is well. The plug-in is connected to the ISY and counts of all of my devices, scenes, programs, network resources, modules, and variables are listed. The ISY itself is also working fine.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Comment

Well, you've baffled me.

Originally posted by gklimo View Post
              All ISY devices, etc. appear in the HomeSeer Device list but they're all greyed out and do not function. Things previously worked with the beta version.
              I have no idea how or why devices would be grayed out. And I'm not real sure what you mean by this. Even with the plug-in not loaded the devices should be accessible (I.E. you can go into the configuration screens and change things). You just can't control them and status won't update unless the plug-in is running.

The plug-in isn't responsible for creating the device list on the device management page.

[quote]
              The ISYInsteon Plug-in Status page and log file seems to indicate all is well. The plug-in is connected to the ISY and counts of all of my devices, scenes, programs, network resources, modules, and variables are listed. The ISY itself is also working fine.
              [/quote

This makes it seem like the plug-in is functioning properly. Under normal operation, the only time the plug-in really does anything with the HS device record is during startup and when it updates the status/value of a device.

You could try manually deleting one device (or can you not even do that?), then restart the plug-in to see if it re-creates it. Picking a device that has no events associated with it would be best.

The only other thing I can suggest is to configure the plug-in to do debug level logging, restart the plug-in and send me the log (bpaauwe at yahoo.com).
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Everything appears to be working fine now. Deleting all ISYInsteon related devices followed by stopping and restarting the plug-in cleaned out the bad and rebuilt the entries. HomeSeer can now control the ISY devices that were re-imported.

I can also now hide unwanted ISY network resources, ISY variables, etc. via the Device Filters available within the ISYInsteon plug-in. Neither of these capabilities worked prior to deleting all entries and restarting the plug-in. BTW; I was sure to clear my browser cache and even tried different computers and browsers when I experienced the issue.

Not exactly sure what the root cause was but everything now appears to be working. It's as if the ISYInsteon devices previously listed were ghosts of the real thing. I couldn't control or hide them.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hey Bob,

I just purchased and installed your latest isyinsteon plugin along with upgrading the isy to alpha 5.0.1.0. somewhere along the way isy upped there password complexity to allow for 20 charaters, so naturally I made my password longer. Now I get an 401 authentication error in homeseer and the following password length error. Can you upgrade your plugin to accept 20 character passwords?

SanatizeInput : ISY initialization Username or Password string too long. "Passwordhere" is greater than 10 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by glacket View Post
                    Hey Bob,

I just purchased and installed your latest isyinsteon plugin along with upgrading the isy to alpha 5.0.1.0. somewhere along the way isy upped there password complexity to allow for 20 charaters, so naturally I made my password longer. Now I get an 401 authentication error in homeseer and the following password length error. Can you upgrade your plugin to accept 20 character passwords?
                    Thanks for reporting this!

Done. Version 3.0.1.2 should be available in the updater now and increases the length to 20. The minimum length increased as well, that tripped me up briefly when I updated the firmware as my original password was too short.

The reason for truncating it to 10 in the first place was because the original ISY's would allow you to enter a password longer than 10 characters, but it would only save the first 10 characters. However when the plug-in tried to authenticate using the longer password, it would fail.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                      Thanks for reporting this!

Done. Version 3.0.1.2 should be available in the updater now and increases the length to 20. The minimum length increased as well, that tripped me up briefly when I updated the firmware as my original password was too short.

The reason for truncating it to 10 in the first place was because the original ISY's would allow you to enter a password longer than 10 characters, but it would only save the first 10 characters. However when the plug-in tried to authenticate using the longer password, it would fail.
                      Thanks for the quick update! I just finished changing all my devices that connect to isy to use a 10 character password including homeseer. Ha! I'll change everything back to my new longer password and let you know if works. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X