Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would really like to see Scene support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raprap View Post
    I wholly support the addition of scenes.

Just bought and installed HT Zee for the express purpose to using Google assistant to control the panel and lighting. Installed the controller and the Omni plugin and after just a few minute of fooling around, I was talking to the lights!

Next step, controlling groups of lights. This is set up for me with UPB scenes. Alas, no scenes in the HT Zee. I realize that buttons can be used to do this but buttons it are a clumsy workaround i.e. you can turn a button off. This workaround would require a lot of new buttons and added logic to turn them off (the scene) when receiving a button command to interpret as a toggle function.

I short...YES, I support the addition of scenes!
    ugh...typing too fast. "... you cannot turn a button off.

Comment

Originally posted by raprap View Post
      ugh...typing too fast. "... you cannot turn a button off.
      Correct. Buttons are more like a momentary push button instead of a switch.
      You might be able to use a Flag instead though.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Correct. Buttons are more like a momentary push button instead of a switch.
        You might be able to use a Flag instead though.
        Agree. Buttons with flags would allow the implementation of a "toggle" function.
        Activate button 1, turn on scene, set flag.
        Activate button 1, if flag then turn off scene, clear flag

That's a lot of extra coding to emulate turning a scene on/off. So, I'll wait.

Look forward to the update!
        Last edited by raprap; March 2, 2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I wanted to see if there was any update on this support? I just installed Homeseer and connected it to my OmniPro II panel (had to upgrade from 2.14 to 4.0b firmware!). I am using Compose lighting system so would be looking for On, A, B, C, D, Off instead of the dimming slider. I see the comments about buttons and suppose I could do that for minimal support but thought I would ask - thanks!

Comment

I checked the plugin code and I see where Compose was started, but not yet complete. I'll have to get back on this when I check lighting out.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

I also would like Homeseer Scene support. Ideally it would be helpful to be able to create a virtual device that would address a UPB link in the Omni Panel. Alexa needs to be able to find them. I have a number of devices that when the local rocker is pressed it also sends out a UPB link to additional devices. Homeseer sends a command to the individual device only and neglects the associated UPB link. If we could change the properties for the device to send the link instead of the direct link it would be great as the UPB link can do everything that the direct link can do with multiple devices. This would be similar to the PGW Gateway that sends a direct link but automatically send a UPB link if the rocker of a device is programmed to send a link. The intention is to have the Gateway to act like a pressing of the rocker for the user experience. Indicator buttons on keypads like and react to UPB links for example and the keypads send out links. For full functionality links have to be part of the program. It is possible to use Omni automation to create toggle buttons but its not anywhere a clean solution.

Comment

Working...
                X