Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Tap on Insteon Switch

Hi Guys,

does anyone know of a way to create a script that would monitor for a double tap on a specific insteon switch? Basically I would like to have a switch that turns a light on and off as normal, however if I double tap the off side quickly it would execute another command. I think some switches consider it a fast off!

any ideas?

not sure if this will work.. but i have used powertrigger to do this...
    but for x10.. if a F3 was off twice it would actually kick f3 back on... to over ride the kids from turning off the fish tank main....
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

There are a couple of ways to detect the double tap.

1) The ISY itself can do that via a program. You can set up an ISY program that will do things based on the FastOn, turn on a scene for instance.

2) You can set up an event in HomeSeer to run a script or execute any other action based on the FastOn. You can do that by selecting the "Sends Fast On" trigger for an ISY Device Trigger.

Keep in mind that the switch itself will turn the attached load on or off with the double tap, that's built into the switch firmware and you can't defeat it.

So double tapping a switch on will turn the load on along with whatever action you program the ISY or HomeSeer to do.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Bob,

THanks. I guess the work around for the device turning the load off would be in the event to restore it back to its original state.

Now I have another project to work on.

thanks

Comment

Yeah,

I have a set up where a double tap on sets a scene (via ISY program) but it does turn the lights on to the default on-level, then the scene drops it back down to the value specified by the scene. Not perfect.

This is one of those things that I wish Smarthome had done a little differently. Separating the load control from the double tap would have made double tap a whole lot more useful.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in
          http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
          X