Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use email in script

Hi BL,

I am wondering if you have an example you would be able to share so I can see if the plugin can be used to process information from within an email.

Basically when I get an email from a specific address, I would like to run a script which parses through the email and puts the device subject in a virtual device, and puts the email body into another virtual device before it deletes the email.

Is something like this possible with your plugin, and if so would you be able to share a sample script which would show how to do something like this?

Kind Regards,

Travis Hale.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

I have not tried that.
    I use it mostly to send email rather than monitor my email
    Maybe some others will chime in
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Hi Travis,

You can use the built in features in HS to accomplish it by setting up an event that triggers when an email is received and then running a script to parse the email. It only works on the email address set up for HS though. If that will work for your scenario and you need an example of a script, I can attach mine (VBScript) here (after I do some clean-up on it ).

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

This is available with Events in HS3:
        Attached Files
        Regards,
        Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Does anyone have a HS3 script for working with emails from base HS3 but in vb.net?

Cheers.
          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
          X