Bug Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS10A does not work correctly

I am having to configure the MS10 as a DS10. The MS10 reports its status as ON-OFF but in the event editor drop list does not have ON-OFF as testable states so it they are not usable in events.

If I configure the motion sensor as a DS10 it uses ALERT-NORMAL for the status and is testable in the events.

The odd thing about this is that I was sure it had been working when configured as a motion sensor previously. Not sure why it would change.

One other thing to note is that when configured as an MS10 the On and Off status icons both use the same green check mark and I am unable to edit these in the device manager.

Comment

Sorry I just noticed your messages from last month and yesterday. I'm working on a beta build that should have most of these fixes. If I PM you a link do you mind testing it out before I give it to HomeSeer?

Comment

I'd be happy to give it a try.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try to have it ready by Thursday night. I need to test it here locally first and make sure I don't introduce any new bugs.

Comment

Beta results

Nice work so far. It seems a bit faster but that might just be me.

1 - Improvement in that I am able to use my own Status Icons
            2 - Improvement in the event state drop list for MS10 motion sensor
            3 - Device manager reports device state as Not Set for both ON and Off the icon does change when motion is detected
            4 - Reporting in the log as Unknown but the device was declared in the configuration see below

Oct-19 19:27:22 SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: Unknown (31627) OFF
            Oct-19 19:27:12 SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: Unknown (31627) ON

5 - Using an HR-12a RF remote control
            pressing A8-ON-BRIGHT is logged as A3-BRIGHT should be A8-BRIGHT
            pressing A8-ON-DIM is logged as A4-DIM when it should be A8-DIM.

I will try a few other tests as time permits.

Comment

More beta results

Using a RKR24 remote which has 6 buttons 2xON 2xOFF and DIM-BRI

Button 1&2 = A1-ON&OFF
              Button 3&4 = A2-ON&OFF
              Button 6&6 = BRI&DIM

Pressing 1,2,3 or 4 gives desired results but if I press a button say 1&DIM
              the log shows very strange results. So your DIM-BRIGHT decoding needs some further work.

Here's the debug log For A1-BRIGHT
              Oct-20 17:37:06 SimpleRF Checking trigger address M15 and command ON against X-10 Address: A1, X-10 Command: ON
              Oct-20 17:37:06 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: A1 ON
              Oct-20 17:37:06 SimpleRF Checking triggers for matches against X-10 Address: A1, X-10 Command: ON
              Oct-20 17:37:06 SimpleRF Unable to forward X-10 event: A1 ON to device because the reference for device could not be found.
              Oct-20 17:37:06 SimpleRF Received: A1 ON
              Oct-20 17:37:06 SimpleRF Checking rules for X-10 event: A1 ON

Hope this helps

Comment

When you get a chance can you try that one I sent you? It should have the remaining items fixed.

Comment

New version results:
                  Nice improvements. BRI and DIM now work as expected. I am able to change status icons, status names and can see the device names in the event drop lists. I also did a quick test of the "Detect New Device" feature of the Security Device Configuration page and it did detect the one device I tried. You may want to ask someone with an SH624 to chime in about the specific functions of that remote.

In the log below would it be possible to use the device name instead of the "Not Found=31627" 31627 is a device declared as an MS10a, so I don't understand why it would state the not found.

Oct-24 21:35:24 Event Event Trigger "Motion Occupancy Lights Stairwell Occupancy - Motion Detected"
                  Oct-24 21:35:24 SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: (Not Found=31627) ON

Thanks for your diligence. All the recent improvements bring this to a good functional level and make the plugin very usable for X-10 RF.

Comment

Oops, I thought I had that fixed. I was using the device unit code instead of the device reference, so HomeSeer wasn't finding the current name.

Comment

I sent you a build that should fix the remaining issues. If you are happy with it, let me know and I'll send it over to HS so they can add it to the update server.

Comment

Raw Log and Device names appear in the log.

Looks like you nailed it.
                        Thanks again.

Oct-25 21:15:46 SimpleRF Checking Security trigger Unit Code 31627 and command ON against Unit Code: 32655, X-10 Command: ALERT
                        Oct-25 21:15:46 SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: Test Door Sensor ALERT
                        Oct-25 21:15:46 SimpleRF Checking Security triggers for matches against Device Unit Code: 32655, X-10 Command: ALERT
                        Oct-25 21:15:46 SimpleRF X-10 Debug: CAPI.CAPIControl count: 0
                        Oct-25 21:15:46 SimpleRF Received RAW: 0xf1 0xfe 0x04 0xfb from Receiver 1
                        Oct-25 21:15:46 SimpleRF X-10 Debug: SetDeviceValue, devRef: 528, command: ALERT
                        Oct-25 21:15:46 SimpleRF Received: P32655 ALERT

Comment

Thanks for helping me test it! I'll send it over to HS now.

Comment

Just installed 1.31.0.0 and was wondering if you may have missed updating the version number. The installed new version always shows as version 1.1.0.0 but in the updater it shows version 1.31.0.0.

I deleted the SimpleRF from the update folder, disabled it then uninstalled the instance of SimpleRF. The new install succeeds but reports version 1.1.0.0 and that an update to 1.31.0.0 is available.

Comment

Hmm, thanks for the heads up. I'll track down where it is pulling that from. The binary version has been updated, maybe it is just the config file.

Comment

1.3.2.0 update

The 1.3.2.0 update resolved the installer problem I mentioned earlier. Updated from the plugin manager just fine. Let me know if there are any other items you'd like to test?

Comment

Working...
                                X