OP2 sunset and sunrise off by 1 hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP2 sunset and sunrise off by 1 hour

Sorry for posting an OP2-specific question here but I'm trying to control some events based on sunrise/sunset on both the OP2 and HS3 and I can't get the OP2 to show correct times. Time is set correctly in both systems.

Here's my setup/location page in pcaccess:

Click image for larger version

Name:	hai sunset setup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1209357

And the status/control page:

Name:	hai sunset time.png
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	1209358

The times for sunrise and sunset are both off by 1 hour. For reference here's the setup page from HS3:

Name:	hs3 sunset.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1209359

I'm not concerned about the 2 minute anomaly, just the 1 hour one. Anyone see a glaring error on my part?

Well, I ended up bandaging the situation using a flag. My flag "sunset+1" now turns off for 1 hour at sunset (meaning it turns on 1 hour later). It turns on for one hour at sunrise, again meaning it turns off one hour later.

I can now trigger OP2 events on the flag turning on and off.

Don't like doing it this way, but until I find a real solution it will work.

Comment

Very strange Tom.

Here the OmniPro 2 settings match the HS3 settings.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pete; May 15, 2016, 02:52 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have seen the HAI firmware get a bit mangled. That said you can do:

1 - back up your stuff
        2 - cold reset the OmniPro2
        3 - configure your IP / hex keys
        4 - re upload the 3.15 firmware
        5 - re upload your current configuration

see if that works if you want to do this stuff. It is a bit time consuming.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'll give it a try. You know, I get nervous every time I cold boot the HAI box. I just know that one time, sooner or later, it won't boot. Usually I'm an optimist.

I posted this problem a year ago (I think) on cocoon tech. I think you replied with basically this same advice. I reloaded 3.15 but no joy. I'll try the boot.

Edit: Holy moly, it was exactly a year ago today.

Comment

When I updated the firmware to current versions that included the new OmniTouch and mail board stuff it did cause me some grief such that I did start from scratch; well sort of.

Have a read on Cocoontech threads relating to the firmware upgrades. It wasn't just me that had issues.

Baby steps and use your keypad to configure the IP / keys. Make sure you save your stuff before you do this.

You cannot break it. That said review your automation stuff; do a copy and paste of the lines - jpg if you want.
            Last edited by Pete; May 18, 2016, 06:12 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Tom,

Were you able to resolve the sunrise/sunset problem? On Sunday my system changed the time properly for DST, but now my sunrise/sunset times are off by one hour. I've tried changing/uploading the setup, rebooting the OP2, enabling/disabling DST. Nothing I do changes the sunrise/sunset times. Hoping you have a way to address other than the cold rest/reflash option.

Thanks,

Guy

Comment

No, I've given up on it. I do all of my events that rely on sunrise/sunset in HS3 now.

Comment

Thanks. Not the news I wanted. I heavily use UPB links and the HS3 plugin does not support. I'll rewrite as an events that triggers the links and have HS3 trigger the events for the sunset/sunrise actions.

Comment

Originally posted by cowsr4eating View Post
                    Thanks. Not the news I wanted. I heavily use UPB links and the HS3 plugin does not support. I'll rewrite as an events that triggers the links and have HS3 trigger the events for the sunset/sunrise actions.
                    Hey...if you find a solution in OP2 be sure to let me know. Thanks.

Comment

I changed my OP2 code to use buttons instead of timed triggers around sunset/sunrise so I can use HS3 to trigger sunset/sunrise. When I uploaded the new code now sunrise/sunset are correct. I reloaded 3 times before trying to kick the OP2 into DST.

Not sure if I should trust the OP2 or not. Will wait a few days before I say for sure it works.

Comment

Shouldn't you have a few more numbers in the coordinates? (Edit: I forgot HS shortens it. Have you tried manually entering the coordinates? At one time in the beginning my sunset times were an hour off. I don't know exactly what it was, but I did enter the coordinates manually from a map program and fixed the issue I think. I think the longitude was off within HS. Orr, I think something was going on and defaulting the coordinates. Every time I would notice the issue, i'd go in and the coordinates would be default in connecticut or michigan or somewhere.
                        Last edited by tome10; March 14, 2018, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Curious if you guys had Omni Pro 2 time issues in 2017 as we seemed to have skipped from 2016 to 2018 with same said issues?
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Curious if you guys had Omni Pro 2 time issues in 2017 as we seemed to have skipped from 2016 to 2018 with same said issues?
                            Yes, but I'm resigned to it so I ignored it like many of the other OP2 quirks. Wouldn't have thought about it at all if it hadn't come up here!

Comment

This is the first time I had issues with the sunrise/sunset times. I read Tom's initial note on this and confirmed I did not have a problem when he initially submitted in 2016. No issues in 2017. Problem started March 2018 when we changed to CDT from CST.

My clock has the horrible time drift others have talked about but I have an event that runs daily to sync my HS3 time with the OP2. I suspected maybe that caused this issue, but the sync occurs at 10:45PM ... should not have affected the real time change to CDT at 2:00AM or even midnight if they chose to update at midnight vs. 2AM.

I just logged into PC Access and my sunrise/sunset times are still correct. I am hopeful that my problem is resolved for now.

All I can see that I did different was upload changed automation code vs. uploading the same code already running. By upload I mean OP2 code in PC Access.

Comment

Working...
                              X