Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the logs in the previous post are the results of the command "Set the thermostat to 21"

if instead I say “Set the heat to 21” I got slightly different results, now it looks like it tries to set the setpoint to -99

Code:
    Dec-13 3:32:20 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=253&value=-99&token=xxxx&source=Google
    Dec-13 3:32:20 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=getstatus&devref=253&voiceonly=False&token=xxxx&source=Google
    Dec-13 3:32:19 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=getsetting&setting=gGlobalTempScaleF&token=xxxx&source=Google
    Dec-13 3:32:19 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=253&value=-99&token=xxxx&source=Google
    Dec-13 3:32:19 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=getcontrol&ref=253&token=xxxx&source=Google
    Dec-13 3:32:18 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=getstatus&devref=251,0,253,249&token=xxxx&source=Google

Comment

My developer is setting this up now and will take a look. I suspect it might have something to do with you using Celcius. Google sends us the temps in C and we convert if needed. Maybe he is not handling the case were he does not need to convert.

You could try putting HS in F and see if you then get the value.

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Code:
      Dec-13 3:32:20 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=253&value=-99&token=xxxx&source=Google
      Dec-13 3:32:20 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=getstatus&devref=253&voiceonly=False&token=xxxx&source=Google
      Dec-13 3:32:19 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=getsetting&setting=gGlobalTempScaleF&token=xxxx&source=Google
      Dec-13 3:32:19 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=253&value=-99&token=xxxx&source=Google
      Dec-13 3:32:19 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=getcontrol&ref=253&token=xxxx&source=Google
      Dec-13 3:32:18 PM	 	DEBUG JSON	Query: request=getstatus&devref=251,0,253,249&token=xxxx&source=Google
      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        You could try putting HS in F and see if you then get the value.
        I tried that, but I get exactly the same results

Comment

This is great news!
          Could we also have a textbox for GH aknowledgment, as you can find one in IFTT for GH ?

We talked internally and agree this is the best approach. So the changes are done.

A "Voice Command" texbox has been added to the event
          In the options section of an event there is a new checkbox: "Include as Voice Command'

So events will be added as scenes for Google and Alexa. For Alexa, we are not allowed to control locks, security systems, or garage doors. So events with these devices will not be included. I am not aware of any limitation for Google Home, so any event will work.

I will post when the server side is working.
          Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Comment

Can you post a screen shot of the device management page for all the devices that are created for this thermostat?

πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                Rich,

I have added the ControlUse properties for my Sinope thermostats. GH successfully discover them, but when I try to change the setpoint, I get the following warning and nothing happens

Code:
                Warning	JSON controldevicebyvalue caused an error: Input string was not in a correct format.
                Here are the devices for my thermostat

[ATTACH]65118[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]65119[/ATTACH]

When I ask GH to change the setpoint the setpoint does change on the Sinope Thermostats, but when I ask the temperature of one of the stats, GH responds with the thermostat mode. I am not sure why it doesn't provide the temperature.

When I ask the temperature of my Honeywell stat, GH properly tells me the room temp. In HSTouch, the temperature shows up in the correct place.

Comment

We know about the temperature issue, still trying to find out what is wrong. We thought it might be something on the Google side, but as you have noticed, it works ok with other systems. So we will keep on it. The Google docs are not very good compared with Amazon so we are fighting with it.

Anyway, its not your fault, its on our end.

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post
                  When I ask GH to change the setpoint the setpoint does change on the Sinope Thermostats, but when I ask the temperature of one of the stats, GH responds with the thermostat mode. I am not sure why it doesn't provide the temperature.

When I ask the temperature of my Honeywell stat, GH properly tells me the room temp. In HSTouch, the temperature shows up in the correct place.

Comment

Hi, Rjh

Can you post a screen shot of the device management page for all the devices that are created for this thermostat?
                    here is the copy screen:
                    I use Google Home in french language, must I put french names for devices? : Heating Setpoint = Consigne chauffage, etc...

Jean-Francois
                    Attached Files

Comment

Can you post the "Status/Graphics" tab for the mode device? That has to be set up properly.

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                      Hi, Rjh

here is the copy screen:
                      I use Google Home in french language, must I put french names for devices? : Heating Setpoint = Consigne chauffage, etc...

Jean-Francois

Comment

Hi,

Can you post the "Status/Graphics" tab for the mode device? That has to be set up properly.
                        This is the configuration created by default (Add/include a Node)
                        1 --> For Mode
                        2 --> For Heat SetPoint

Jean-Francois.
                        Attached Files

Comment

creating virtual device for GH control

I want to fire events for GH. I've created virtual devices. voice enabled and have the control of on and off defined. Do I also need to define dim even if I'm not using it? My devices all show up and seem correct but they won't work for GH. They are there just nothing happens.

Comment

Hello

Thanks to the engineers of Homeseer to have solved the problem of the setpoint of heating on my thermostats SRT-323, now I can change the heating setpoint with Google Home in french.

thanks.

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Wife got me the google home and I'm stoked. She did say she was going to get me the max...

is there any reason to get the max other than for better audio? hell this device, the audio is superb and we were using it from living room to kitchen and it heard us talk and mic was clear. It even was playing music and across the house, without yelling at it, paused and listened... I'm happy so far...

but still maybe get the max if there is a reason for it.
                              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Regular Google Home is far from high quality. It does the job.

The Max, from the reviews, is closer to the Sonos quality level. So is the price. Not trying to discourage you from getting the Max, but I would first evaluate my needs and personally I prefer to stream my audio through my AV system.

Comment

Working...
                                X