Restart from scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart from scratch

So I recently upgraded from a ZTroller to ZNet. I have a number of Intermatic ZWave devices in the house and a few were operating oddly. They would flash blue to red on the device, but still work.

I figured updating to the new controller would stop the flashing and make the network more stable. Since installing, devices that were working are now not, and trying to reconnect those devices (or delete them) is not happening. I followed the instructions to migrate from ZTroller to Z-Net and optimized the network, but now the majority of my devices cannot be seen. I am then trying to re-add devices using the ZTool, but when I hit "Add Device" and then activate the device nothing is happening. The only two devices that seem to be rock solid are the two 2gig thermostats.

I'd like to just delete my devices (minus the thermostats) and try to start from scratch. Considering ZTool cannot "hear" my devices to delete, I'd like to just delete from Device Management, but I am getting a warning that it may cause problems.

What's the best way to tackle this?

Do the problem nodes appear on the Node Information page?

Plugins->Z-Wave->Node Information

On each device Z-Wave tab, there are several Function buttons that may help. Mouse over each button for detail. Start with Test Connectivity.

Comment

Yeah, thanks. I've been trying that. I've Test Connectivity and Removed "Bad Nodes" (I put bad nodes in quotation because they were good nodes up until the upgrade from Z-Troller to Z-Net). I then run Optimize Network No Return Route Change and things are getting cleaned up, but I am going to have to re-add a lot of devices.

With the Z-Troller, I walked around with the it and added and removed nodes while standing next to the lighting device. When I try to add nodes with the Z-Tool now, they don't seem to be discovered.

Comment

Alright - key piece of info. According to help desk, if your switches are over 5 years old (as are my Intermatics), you probably have to walk to each device with the Z-Net and then add the device. That means switching the Z-Net to wifi and then grabbing a cell phone external battery pack to power the device before you can walk around.

Not a terrible thing, but something that you should be aware of if you have these switches.

Comment

Working...
        X