www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Legacy Software & Plug-ins > Legacy Software (Older Versions) > HS2 / HSPRO > HomeSeer Phone

HomeSeer Phone This area is for discussions that are very specific to HomeSeer Phone including IVR script discussions and script postings.

Old February 27th, 2018, 12:26 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

HSPhone Source

At some point the support for HSPhone will be removed from the HomeSeer Software. Some have asked for the source to maybe create a plugin. The source is posted here.

Notes on the source:

These files are pulled from the main source so for sure it will not compile without some work. With this code you should be able to create a plugin that will interact with the way2call device, (and PCI modem), by detecting off hook, answering calls, etc. The VR will be an issue as I don't believe all the code is there to take the audio from the phone and process it through the Windows VR system. If you get that far I might be able to pull more source that does some of this. I don't have a problem adding some hooks into HS3 if needed in order to integrate some of the functionally. Originally, HSPhone was going to be a plugin for HS3 but we decided it was too much work.

It references a third party audio dll from:

http://www.exceletel.com/

(which is already installed with HS3)

There is also another DLL named hsaudio2.dll which I believe is still referenced and does some audio handling. That is our DLL and I can give you the source if you want. That was written in VB6 as .net could not do what was needed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hsphone files.zip (184.3 KB, 27 views)

website | products | support | youtube

Last edited by rjh; February 27th, 2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old February 27th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Super Seer

Rich, I'm using it and I guess many other, should we wait until someone creates a plugin before you remove it completely?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old February 27th, 2018, 02:29 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

It will not be removed from HS3, but for sure it will be removed from HS4 (has been already). Given that HS4 does not have a schedule yet, it will be quite a while before we remove it from a released product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldo View Post
Rich, I'm using it and I guess many other, should we wait until someone creates a plugin before you remove it completely?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old March 6th, 2018, 01:57 AM
Seer Deluxe

Alternative to HS Phone

Rich, CallClerk (http://www.callclerk.com/) might be a good, very cost-effective replacement for HS Phone. Perhaps you could chat with its author, Mr. Rob Latour, to see if the features and hooks built into his software could be integrated with HS. It already appears to support scripting and the waytocall modem (and several others.) It also might even be able to run on the same computer with HS.
Old March 21st, 2018, 09:13 AM
Seer

HSphone will be eliminated?

How come?

Will there be anything in its place?

As it is I can't find a Way2call if my unit goes on the fritz, does that mean that
Homeseer will not be able to
1) keep a list of all my calls?
2) announce callers?

and all the other things I rely on HSphone to do?
Old March 21st, 2018, 09:27 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsima View Post
HSphone will be eliminated?

How come?

Will there be anything in its place?

As it is I can't find a Way2call if my unit goes on the fritz, does that mean that
Homeseer will not be able to
1) keep a list of all my calls?
2) announce callers?

and all the other things I rely on HSphone to do?

Both BLNetCallerID and UltraCID can keep a list of callers and announce callers. I personally use UltraCID.
Old April 18th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by telewizard13 View Post
Rich, CallClerk (http://www.callclerk.com/) might be a good, very cost-effective replacement for HS Phone. Perhaps you could chat with its author, Mr. Rob Latour, to see if the features and hooks built into his software could be integrated with HS. It already appears to support scripting and the waytocall modem (and several others.) It also might even be able to run on the same computer with HS.
Looking at this, I think with a few hooks into HS, it could replace all the functionality of my current HSPhone system.

I'd be willing to buy a copy and beta test if someone wanted to write a plugin.

Andrew B.
Old April 19th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbWare View Post
Looking at this, I think with a few hooks into HS, it could replace all the functionality of my current HSPhone system.

I'd be willing to buy a copy and beta test if someone wanted to write a plugin.
I tested it using a Way2Call and found several features missing that would prevent it from being a complete replacement for HSphone. Below is my e-mail exchange with the developer. Bottom-line is that he's not willing to consider the changes "unless its going to be of good use to a large number of people".
Quote:
March 6, 2018
1. I'm using a Way2Call modem, which includes an option to "mute rings until caller i.d. received". How can I turn that on in CallClerk?

I’m not familiar with the setting "mute rings until caller i.d. received", it is not a CallClerk Setting – if it is way2call one it is likely setup in the way2call tapi setup program.

I would go in and check this myself however, I haven’t been able to get my way2call devices to work for months under Windows 10 – due to a problem with their drivers – may I ask what version of Windows are you using and which way2call device?

Myself, when I had a way2call device I also used in conjunction with it a tlock caller id blocker which had the ablity to surpress the first ring. I did not use any other functions of the tlock caller id blocker other than that one; and used CallClerk call blocking features as they are much more extensive.

2. Related to the above, when I have that function turned on, Homeseer will hang up on a blocked call before my Way2Call-attached phones even ring! Maybe you could also do that when using a Way2Call with CallClerk?

CallClerk does have an option to supress its ring (played thru your pc speakers) until after the caller id info is known – it is on the CallClerk – Settings – Ring window

3. To prevent recording messages from robocalls, I use a 2-level recording prompt in Homeseer. The message says "You have reached [my number]. If you would like to leave a message, press 1 and wait for the beep. When finished, press the star key." The answer machine record function only starts if the caller presses 1 within 5 seconds. Otherwise, it just hangs up. Since the robocall computers aren't smart enough to dial the 1, I never get a message left via robocall! This would be a really nice feature to add to CallClerk.

Thanks for the suggestion

4. Would it be possible for you to add "run programs" options for "a new message has been recorded" and for "all messages have been heard"? I'd like to use that to have Homeseer turn on/off a "new messages" indicator on all the control screens.

I’m not fully sure what you mean – I haven’t used Homeseer so maybe that is why.

Rob

1. I'm using a Way2Call modem, which includes an option to "mute rings until caller i.d. received". How can I turn that on in CallClerk?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
March 6, 2018

I’m not familiar with the setting "mute rings until caller i.d. received", it is not a CallClerk Setting – if it is way2call one it is likely setup in the way2call tapi setup program.

I would go in and check this myself however, I haven’t been able to get my way2call devices to work for months under Windows 10 – due to a problem with their drivers – may I ask what version of Windows are you using and which way2call device?

Windows XP, service pack 3. Way2Call Hi-phone desktop USB. In Homeseer, there's a setting to control that, so it might be handled by sending a command to the W2C when it's being initialized. Homeseer has released the source code (vb.net) for their phone functions, so I can look for the W2C setup portion if you're interested. FWIW, I wasn't able to get W2C drivers to work under Windows 10 either. But there are some on the Homeseer forums using it successfully under Win10. Very strange.

Myself, when I had a way2call device I also used in conjunction with it a tlock caller id blocker which had the ablity to surpress the first ring. I did not use any other functions of the tlock caller id blocker other than that one; and used CallClerk call blocking features as they are much more extensive.

2. Related to the above, when I have that function turned on, Homeseer will hang up on a blocked call before my Way2Call-attached phones even ring! Maybe you could also do that when using a Way2Call with CallClerk?

CallClerk does have an option to supress its ring (played thru your pc speakers) until after the caller id info is known – it is on the CallClerk – Settings – Ring window

Good to know, but what I'm after is completely suppress the ring from the physical phones fed from the W2C until CallClerk has determined if the call is to be blocked. If not blocked, then the phones start ringing. I'll see if there's a W2C setting to do that, but think it has to be software controlled.

3. To prevent recording messages from robocalls, I use a 2-level recording prompt in Homeseer. The message says "You have reached [my number]. If you would like to leave a message, press 1 and wait for the beep. When finished, press the star key." The answer machine record function only starts if the caller presses 1 within 5 seconds. Otherwise, it just hangs up. Since the robocall computers aren't smart enough to dial the 1, I never get a message left via robocall! This would be a really nice feature to add to CallClerk.

Thanks for the suggestion

4. Would it be possible for you to add "run programs" options for "a new message has been recorded" and for "all messages have been heard"? I'd like to use that to have Homeseer turn on/off a "new messages" indicator on all the control screens.

I’m not fully sure what you mean – I haven’t used Homeseer so maybe that is why.

Just like you have given the ability to run a program and pass parms when a call comes in, give that same ability when a new message is recorded by CallClerk and, when listening to messages, when all the messages have been heard through CallClerk.

Rob

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 7, 2018

Ok thanks for the feedback, re item 4. I’m not sure of your use for this would you mind sharing? I just don’t see it – and unless its going to be of good use to a large number of people I doubt I’ll have the time to invest in building it.

Rob

Re: Item 4. Sure, glad to share. On all of my Homeseer screens (multiple touchscreen tablets), I have a "button" that says Messages. When there are new messages, this button's background turns bright yellow. When all the messages have been played, the button goes back to a black background. So a quick glance at any of my HS screens lets me see if there are new messages.

[In my case, pressing the button goes to a screen where I can playback the messages. I can use CallClerk to play back the CC messages instead, but I need a way to know that there are messages.] I can control all this within Homeseer if I have some way of letting HS know when the conditions have occurred in CallClerk. Thus, the request. I would imagine this would be an issue for anyone attempting to integrate CallClerk with a home automation system.

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.318, HS3Touch 3.0.0.68, Zwave 3.0.1.87, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.33, WeatherXML, Z-stick, CM15A 3.0.0.8, HS phone, Way2Call