www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Irrigation Plug-ins > Irrigation Discussion > EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-in

EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-in Discussions of Adam Telford's EZFlora Insteon Irrigation Controller Plug-in

Old April 18th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Seer

EZFlora 5010A vs 5010Z

I currently run the 5010A which appears that will be retired and the replacement will be the 5010Z... which I purchased as a replacement for a failed 5010A... unfortunately this newer model is not supported... when I called I was told that this was the very same device with a new model number... I’m not sure how the devices are flagged as supported or not, but if in fact the device is simply the same device with a new model... I wonder if the new model can be added? Happy to test this, but looking for direction on how I might proceed...

Thanks

Greg
Old April 25th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Seer Deluxe

Greg,

Have you tried adding the device to the plug-in? The plug-in does not look at the model number so as long as the new model uses the same command set, then there should be no issues with it working with the plug-in. You should be able to add the device like any other EZFlora device and it work with no problems. Please let me know if you do happen to run into any issues and specifics of what those issues are.

Adam