Device values don't match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device values don't match

I have a device that has text that matches the current state of the device, but the device values do not.

See here - #242 which shows that the ELK us "Armed Stay Instant".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	1212347

Here are the tabs of the device - note the Advanced tab shows status & value to be 0.

Name:	Pic2.PNG
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1212348

Name:	Pic3.PNG
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1212349

Name:	Pic4.PNG
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1212350

I think it should be "3".
    I need to use a script to discern between arming types, so I wonder what's up with this - because I cannot recognize a Stay Instant arming.

Any help appreciated.

You out there Ultra? Help please.

Comment

That's a bug. I am working on updates to UltraM1G3 today and will post the fix along with a bunch of other updates.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

The issue you reported was fixed. Please download UltraM1G3 HSPI version 3.0.6700.37439 or later.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks Ultra - will be updating this weekend.

Comment

That broke it worse. The only thing that does change is the time.

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1196763

Also note that I do not have a device for "Current Alarm State" although I have it selected.

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1196764

Edit - I had gone back to the previous version of the plug-in and now at least the text reads correctly.
            Last edited by Monk; May 16, 2018, 10:48 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              That broke it worse. The only thing that does change is the time.

[ATTACH]68795[/ATTACH]

Also note that I do not have a device for "Current Alarm State" although I have it selected.

[ATTACH]68796[/ATTACH]

Edit - I had gone back to the previous version of the plug-in and now at least the text reads correctly.
              Well, it's working. However, there is now a string value that's stuck in the old state because I am now using just the device values to control it. I'll update the plug-in to reset the string value to an empty string so updates to the device get properly reflected. In the meantime, deleting and recreating the device will fix the issue.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                Well, it's working. However, there is now a string value that's stuck in the old state because I am now using just the device values to control it. I'll update the plug-in to reset the string value to an empty string so updates to the device get properly reflected. In the meantime, deleting and recreating the device will fix the issue.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Thank you for the one fix. But I cannot delete the device for "Area 1 Current Alarm State". As stated, it doesn't exist and therefore cannot be deleted - the settings dialog is ticked as shown in the graphic. Seems like there was a fix for this sort of problem - delete some file and let it rebuild or something...?
                In options, I have the setting for "Rebuild Existing Devices" set to "Yes".

Comment

Comment

I don't know what the heck happened - my device has magically reappeared since updating to the release version of HS3.

Stay tuned eh?

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	1196987

Current Date/Time: 6/1/2018 8:30:21 PM
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
                    System Uptime: 0 Days 4 Hours 25 Minutes 29 Seconds
                    Number of Devices: 496
                    Number of Events: 111
                    Available Threads: 400
                    HSTouch Enabled: True

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.49.0: BLBackup
                    1.0.63.0: BLLED
                    2.0.66.0: BLSpeech
                    3.0.0.33: iTunesDAAP
                    3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3
                    3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3
                    3.0.6616.28548: UltraM1G3
                    3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
                    3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
                    3.0.6358.20184: UltraRussoundAudio3
                    3.0.6678.32863: UltraWeatherWU3
                    3.0.1.211: Z-Wave
                    Last edited by Monk; June 1, 2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Monk:

Interesting - I'm running 3.0.0.428 on Linux - I'll install 435 and see if that makes a difference.

Regards,
                      BBB

Comment

All:

Updating to 3.0.0.435 did not make a difference for me. So, I deleted all the Area 1 Status devices and re-created them; that fixed the problem of AreaStatus 01 not reflecting the current state. That also meant I needed to update my HSTouch screens to use the updated devices.

BBB

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          I was able to fix my device (242 above) to reflect the proper text by issuing the script command
                          &hs.SetDeviceString(242,"",True).
                          The text now correctly reflects the current state.

Better than having to create a new device with a # way out of range of the other devices around it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
                            All:

Updating to 3.0.0.435 did not make a difference for me. So, I deleted all the Area 1 Status devices and re-created them; that fixed the problem of AreaStatus 01 not reflecting the current state. That also meant I needed to update my HSTouch screens to use the updated devices.

BBB
                            I feel your pain! I hate having device #'s change - but glad yours is fixed too.

Comment

Working...
                            X