Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do just about everything except link management with raw Insteon IO. The whole point of using the SDM is that the newer firmware in the newer devices supports higher speed I/O which the SDM will use if available. If I do the link management myself then I am stuck with the lowest common denomonator.

Jon

Originally posted by wuench
    Will that functionality be added to the SDM as a text function or are you intending to accomplish that via InsteonRaw messages? Just curious, as I just got to that point in my app and I haven't had to do any raw stuff yet.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

It looks like a bug snuck in when I was finishing off the group manager. The additional buttons are not showing up as options as they should.

I should have an update out in a day or two to address this.

Jon

Originally posted by jlegan
      Regarding option #1, when I go to add a group, the KeypadLinc is only represented once. That is what is thowing me. How can I add button "5" on my KeypadLinc to a group?
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Gotcha =) Now I know that I am not losing my mind. Thanks again Jon, have a good rest of the weekend.

Jim

Originally posted by Oman
        It looks like a bug snuck in when I was finishing off the group manager. The additional buttons are not showing up as options as they should.

I should have an update out in a day or two to address this.

Jon

Comment

Jon, I was about to post some questions/issues, but you just answered them all.

I was concerned about the lack of keypadlinc button address in groups as well. Glad it's just a bug.

Great news about being able to eliminate rogue links.

Groups are working GREAT in HS!!!

Thanks Jon - nice work.

Jim H.

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
            I do just about everything except link management with raw Insteon IO. The whole point of using the SDM is that the newer firmware in the newer devices supports higher speed I/O which the SDM will use if available. If I do the link management myself then I am stuck with the lowest common denomonator.

Jon
            Do you mean higher speed I/O between PLC and PC or Extended Command Support? And is that newer PLC firmware or newer PLC and Switch firmware?

I missed the March Webinar so I am a little out of the loop, and SH is taking their sweet time posting it to the SDK site...

Comment

The extended poke will be working in future devices, and the KeypadLincs are getting a needed control upgrade that will allow linkless button management.

Jon

Originally posted by wuench
              Do you mean higher speed I/O between PLC and PC or Extended Command Support? And is that newer PLC firmware or newer PLC and Switch firmware?

I missed the March Webinar so I am a little out of the loop, and SH is taking their sweet time posting it to the SDK site...
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

I think that I followed the installation instructions to the letter but I am seeing the following errors on startup:

4/9/2006 12:45:19 PM - Info - Initializing X10 Plug-in: Insteon On COM Port 1
                4/9/2006 12:45:19 PM - Info - Initializing Plug-in: Insteon
                4/9/2006 12:45:19 PM - Insteon - RegisterCallback Completed
                4/9/2006 12:45:19 PM - Insteon - Connecting to SmartHome Device Manager (SDM) component...
                4/9/2006 12:45:22 PM - Insteon - ***:Error In InitPlugin: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8000FFFF): Access violation at address 005CB220 in module 'SDM3.exe'. Write of address 00004CB0 at SDM3Server.ISDM3.set_blocking(Boolean Value) at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.InitPlugin(Int32 Mode)
                4/9/2006 12:45:22 PM - Insteon - Writing new Error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                4/9/2006 12:45:22 PM - Error - Initializing X10 interface Insteon: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8000FFFF): Access violation at address 005CB220 in module 'SDM3.exe'. Write of address 00004CB0 at SDM3Server.ISDM3.set_blocking(Boolean Value) at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.InitPlugin(Int32 Mode)
                4/9/2006 12:45:22 PM - Info - Done initializing X10 interface Insteon
                4/9/2006 12:45:22 PM - Startup - IR Label file (config\irlbl.cfg) missing or corrupt, creating new file
                4/9/2006 12:45:22 PM - Info - Done initializing infrared interface
                4/9/2006 12:45:22 PM - Info - Initializing Plug-in: Insteon
                4/9/2006 12:45:22 PM - Insteon - Connecting to SmartHome Device Manager (SDM) component...
                4/9/2006 12:45:23 PM - Insteon - ***:Error In InitPlugin: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8000FFFF): Access violation at address 005CB220 in module 'SDM3.exe'. Write of address 00004CB0 at SDM3Server.ISDM3.set_blocking(Boolean Value) at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.InitPlugin(Int32 Mode)
                4/9/2006 12:45:23 PM - Insteon - Writing new Error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
                4/9/2006 12:45:23 PM - Error - Initializing interface: Insteon->System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8000FFFF): Access violation at address 005CB220 in module 'SDM3.exe'. Write of address 00004CB0 at SDM3Server.ISDM3.set_blocking(Boolean Value) at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.InitPlugin(Int32 Mode)
                4/9/2006 12:45:23 PM - Info - Done initializing plug-in Insteon

Terry

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone has tried the updater yet, but it is downloading the 0.0.0.6 version (at least that's what Homeseer reports upon startup) even though the filename is 0.0.1.0... Looks like the updater wasn't "updated" properly .

Two dlls are coming down in the update package: (Under C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Updates2\Insteon Basic Plug-in0.0.1.0\ )
                  1. HSPI_INSTEON.dll
                  2. HSPI_InsteonBasic.dll

It looks like only the HSPI_InsteonBasic.dll is actually copied to the HomeSeer folder.

Comment

The updater is messed up, but the updater "updater" has not updated the updater with the proper updater files. :>

Use the files listed in the original post until the updater gets updated.

Jon

Originally posted by timespinner
                    I'm not sure if anyone has tried the updater yet, but it is downloading the 0.0.0.6 version (at least that's what Homeseer reports upon startup) even though the filename is 0.0.1.0... Looks like the updater wasn't "updated" properly .

Two dlls are coming down in the update package: (Under C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Updates2\Insteon Basic Plug-in0.0.1.0\ )
                    1. HSPI_INSTEON.dll
                    2. HSPI_InsteonBasic.dll

It looks like only the HSPI_InsteonBasic.dll is actually copied to the HomeSeer folder.
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Doesn't recognize Controlinc

The new plugin doesn't seem to recognize my Controlinc, it adds it and does link management, but it says, "Device Type: Unknown Device"

Edit: Big surprise, I guess, it just recognized a second controlinc...

The difference: the unknown device says firmware 20, and the recognized one says firmware 23...

Do I have to return a controlinc as well!?!?!?!
                      Last edited by eufreka; April 9, 2006, 03:24 PM.

Comment

When I edit a group, it appears that the only way to exit the group programming is to choose "Abort Group Edit"...

Comment

Jon,

Fours and counting! I think your latest plug-in is working GREAT!! Most of the time the SDM would die after just two or three hours.

THANKS AGAIN!
                          -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                          HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

It could be one of the original ControLincs that was actually prototype firmware.

Jon

Originally posted by eufreka
                            The new plugin doesn't seem to recognize my Controlinc, it adds it and does link management, but it says, "Device Type: Unknown Device"

Edit: Big surprise, I guess, it just recognized a second controlinc...

The difference: the unknown device says firmware 20, and the recognized one says firmware 23...

Do I have to return a controlinc as well!?!?!?!
                            Jon Ort
                            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

The group code is all new to this release. Since the link programming had just started working in the SDM I had not had time to go through it for anything but major errors. I'll add the status update page and "Main page" links to the next version.

Jon

Originally posted by eufreka
                              When I edit a group, it appears that the only way to exit the group programming is to choose "Abort Group Edit"...
                              Jon Ort
                              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

I'm having a hard time linking my devices (2476D switches) to the PLC. When i going into "Tap-Add New Insteon Devices" mode, it takes sometimes a couple tries to link a switch. After it has been added, i do not receive any local change events from these switches. I can turn on/off/dim these switches remotely and polling their status is also working. Any idea what's going on?

Also, i have the following error in the "Insteon Error Report.Log"

Insteon Plug-in Error Log Generated 4/9/2006 3:20:25 PM
                                -----------*Error Message*----------------
                                Error: Error In LoadInsteonDeviceTable: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                                at HSPI_INSTEON.HSPI.LoadInsteonDeviceTable() -- 4/9/2006 3:20:25 PM
                                --------*Initialization Log*--------------

I'm running HS 2.1.21.0 and SDM 2.12

Comment

Working...
                                X