This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this still a viable plug-in?

As I work on pages for HST ouch I'm wondering if there is any point to incorporating any of the data I get from Weather-Plug into it?

Will it ever get it's upgrade and fixes or is it pretty much dead?

It has a few long standing problems.

1. No last updated time appears so at times it takes several days to realize that the selected weather station has stopped updating.

2. The selected backup weather station never takes over when the main selected station goes offline.

These are two biggies for me, if number 2 got fixed it would almost make number one unnecessary, also still waiting for a .net version.

Any info at all?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

I also thought there was going to be a new version that supports VWS? It would be cool to mix local info from a physical home weather station with data from a virtual weather station near a distant vacation home.

Comment

It seems the lack of an answer to this question is my answer.

I'd suggest HomeSeer look into not selling this to anyone else if it's not going to be updated or even have it's bugs fixed.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

The .NET version is still a work in progress because I barely have time to work on it. I will start setting aside time each week to devote to this plug-in so that it gets completed in a timely manner, addressing the issues of 1 & 2.

Comment

Originally posted by dale3h View Post
          The .NET version is still a work in progress because I barely have time to work on it. I will start setting aside time each week to devote to this plug-in so that it gets completed in a timely manner, addressing the issues of 1 & 2.

That's excellent news! I would hate to lose this plug-in. Glad you're still around, even if it's on a limited basis.
          Marty
          ------

Comment

Dale:

It's been six months or so and I was wondering how/if the new version is coming along. It's a fine plug in as is but sorely in need of an update and a few minor enhancements.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

Hi Marty, Everytime I see Dale I ask him the same thing. Sad to say... he has done nothing with it. Rick

Comment

Sounds like he's one of mine, he just needs a foot in the right place to get him started.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Working...
                X