This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraCID HSPI For HomeSeer [NEW]

I lost the ability to track caller ID since moving to Windows Vista. The available caller ID units were *very* expensive, so I created a caller ID HomeSeer plug-in to fill a gap between the HomeSeer plug-ins supporting stand alone Caller ID units and HomeSeer's Way2Call units.

UltraCID for HomeSeer 2:

UltraCID is a HomeSeer 2 plug-in that allows you to use HomeSeer and an inexpensive modem to log callers and caller ID to an underlying database. The plug-in also supports HomeSeer triggers to take action on received calls.

Other Features:
    • UltraCID supports most Conexant PCI and USB modems.
    • Logs all caller ID events to an underlying database.
    • Supports HomeSeer triggers based on caller local and extension pick-up (if supported by your modem).
    • Web page supports caller log filters and caller summary.
    • Currently supports Microsoft Access (database included), Microsoft SQL 2000 and Microsoft SQL 2005/2008.
    • Ability to specify custom OLEDB connection strings.
    • Ability to purge database records after a specified number of months.
    • Ability to open and close database connections while plug-in is running.
    • Debugging output to troubleshoot database connection issues.

HomeSeer Triggers:
    • UltraCID Incoming Call
      • Any Caller
      • First Time Caller
      • Blocked Caller
      • Business Caller
      • Family Caller
      • Friends Caller
      • or any previous caller ...
    • UltraCID OnRing
    • Local handset on/off hook (if modem supports voice mode)
    • Local phone extension on/off hook (if modem supports voice mode)

HomeSeer Actions:
    • Drop caller

Modems Test with UltraCID:
    • Zoom Model 3025 V.92 56K-PCI Modem 56 Kbps V.92 PCI FaxModem
    • Zoom 3095-00-00G 56Kbps USB Mini External Modem

Installation:
    • Install and uninstall support using HomeSeer's new plug-in install template.

Version 1.1.3269 - Released December 13, 2008
    • Fixed Caller Details paging to allow more than 25 records to be displayed.
    • Fixed OnCall HomeSeer trigger.

Version 1.1.3271 - Released December 15, 2008
    • Added Drop Caller modem commands to option web page.
    • Fixed drop caller action so it now answers as a voice call.
    • Fixed Caller Name block mask.
    • Drop caller number and name masks not work on first call.

Version 1.1.3277 - Released December 28, 2008
    • Added support for modems that report MESG instead of NAME.

Version 1.1.3297.24956 - Released January 10, 2009
    • Added number format options.
    • Added caller detail filtering by name or number.

Version 1.1.3305.28156 - Released January 18, 2009
    • Fixed an announce caller issue causing the ATT voices to speak letters instead of the caller's name.

Version 1.1.3312.36469 - Released January 26, 2009
    • Added ability to search Google by clicking the caller number from the Caller Details page.
    • Added an option to modify the caller number search URL.
    • Added caller drop count to plug-in status page.
    • Added ability to sort caller details by call count and last call timestamp.
    • Added option to modify caller announcement.
    • Modified database routines to support a variety of database providers (including ODBC, OleDB, SQLClient, MySQL, etc).
    • Added a watchdog timer so if the database goes offline the following will happen:
      • A database connection will be attempted. If the connection fails, the plug-in will retry again in 1 minute. If that connection fails, it will continue to retry at 2 times the previous retry interval to a maximum of 1 attempt per hour.
      • The pending database inserts will continue to queue. Once the database connection is established, the pending log data will be inserted into the database.
    • Added watchdog HomeSeer event triggers [Database Connection Failure, Database Connection Restore].
    • Various other code improvements.

Version 1.1.3315.37815 - Released January 28, 2009
    • Fixed issues related to database watchdog function.
    • Fixed web page errors when database query returning 0 results.
    • Fixed issue when attempting to edit an entry in the Caller Details web page.

Version 1.1.3319.27893 - Released February 01, 2009
    • Fixed Caller Details web page not showing alias (caused by changes in version 1.1.3312.36469)

Version 1.1.3386.37244 - Released April 09, 2009
    • Adds $nmbr as a variable when announcing a caller.

Version 1.1.3409.33082 - Released May 02, 2009
    • Fixed text to speech issue when announcing a caller number.

Version 1.1.3471.29211 - Released July 03, 2009
    • Added support for Microsoft SQL 2008.
    • Date format now automatically determined based the short date specified in the System Control Panel.

Version 1.1.3584.16018 - Released October 24, 2009
    • Adds a HomeSeer device for the last Caller ID Name and Caller ID Number.

Version 1.1.3595.25269 - Released November 04, 2009
    • Removed references to the deprecated Status properly of the HomeSeer DeviceClass.

Version 1.1.3668.17265 - Released January 16, 2010
    • Added "First Time Caller" HomeSeer trigger.

Version 1.1.4029.37993 - Released January 12, 2011
    • Added new caller announce options.

Version 1.1.4036.30650 - Released January 19, 2011
    • Added replacement variables to subject of e-mails notifications for $name, $nmbr, $datetime and $rings.
    • Added new $rings replacement variables to body of e-mail notifications.

Version 1.1.4058.29365 - Released February 10, 2011
    • Added fix for Trendnet TFM-760U modem.

Version 1.1.4246.36067 - Released February 10, 2011
    • Fixed issues assoicated with HP Touchpad

Version 1.1.4659.35039 - Released October 3, 2012
    • Fixed an issue where the drop caller routine would cause the modem Phone Extension to no longer function after the first dropped call.

Version 1.1.4660.35996 - Released October 4, 2012
    • Fixed the HomeSeer triggers related to Phone Extension and Phone Handset.

Version 1.1.4760.18872 - Released Jan 12, 2013
    • Fixed an issue causing duplicate e-mail notifications to be generated.

Version 3.0.6681.34300 - Released April 17, 2018
    • Added support for modems connected to VOIP lines. The leading 1 is now stripped from the caller Id number.
    • Added support for multiple modems (2 are supported at this time, but more are supported if requested).
    • Fixed an issue with missing graphics when editing caller data.
    • Several minor bug fixes.
    Last edited by Ultrajones; April 17, 2018, 07:48 PM. Reason: Modified text
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Screenshots

Screenshots ...
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Testing Modem for Compatibility

You can easily determine if you modem will work with UltraCID by using a terminal program (like PuTTYtel) to connect to your modem and issuing a few AT commands.

Reset modem:
      ATZ

Display current caller ID setting:
      AT+VCID?

Enable caller ID:
      AT+VCID=1

Now call your telephone number to see if caller ID is displayed.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ultrajones; November 29, 2008, 11:21 AM.

Comment

It's nice to see someone putting out a CID plug-in for those unable to find a NetCallerID box and use the current plug-ins.

Buying the way2call was an expensive proposition if all you need was caller id data for something as simple as announcing incoming calls.

I hope it's a big hit!
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

no trial ?

Ultra,

I can't get past the licensing to try this plug-in.

I see 'enabled" in the setup page but don't get a config button.

Log shows " error: (1) unable to initialize interface UltraCID : Either no licence or trial has expired"

Will the plug-in allow call blocking by using wild cards like 1-800-**** ?

Help
          Neil
          Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Looks great! I may have to try it.

My home-grown process allows the announcement of a "friendly name" - i.e. on particular numbers in the database, you can announce "incoming call from uncle steve" - is there a way to do that here?
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Hello,

i wil try this plugin but i got the following message,

30-11-08 19:01:15
              Info Finished initializing plug-in UltraCID
              30-11-08 19:01:15 Error (1) Unable to initialize interface UltraCID :Either no license or trial has expired

ed

Comment

Originally posted by nsisman View Post
                Ultra,

I can't get past the licensing to try this plug-in.

I see 'enabled" in the setup page but don't get a config button.

Log shows " error: (1) unable to initialize interface UltraCID : Either no licence or trial has expired"

Will the plug-in allow call blocking by using wild cards like 1-800-**** ?

Help
                I have no idea why it's coming up as expired. I'll send a note to Rich.

Yes, I can add support so that 800* can automatically be identified as a telemarketer and/or blocked.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  Looks great! I may have to try it.

My home-grown process allows the announcement of a "friendly name" - i.e. on particular numbers in the database, you can announce "incoming call from uncle steve" - is there a way to do that here?
                  Yes, this support is already built into the plug-in. Just edit the name from the Caller Details webpage.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by ESSCHENK View Post
                    Hello,

i wil try this plugin but i got the following message,

30-11-08 19:01:15
                    Info Finished initializing plug-in UltraCID
                    30-11-08 19:01:15 Error (1) Unable to initialize interface UltraCID :Either no license or trial has expired

ed
                    I justed tested this plug-in on a new system and it is working fine. I don't know why your install is coming up as "no license or trial has expired." I'll have to send a note to Rich (or HomeSeer Tech) and ask they look into this issue.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

I am able to reproduct the error on a Window XP system I have. I am sending the hspi_ultracid.dll to Rich to have him determine why HomeSeer is unable to load the dll.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Modem for Hometroller 2

Does anyone know of an inexpensive modem I can buy for my Hometroller 2? I believe it will have to be external because of the lack of expansion slots.

I would really like to use UltraJones CID plugin.

By the way, I installed the trial version of UltaStatus a few days ago. UltraView2 is awesome. I have stayed up until 4am the past few nights creating my floorplans and setting up UltraStatus. It is awesome! I definitely plan on purchasing it and other "Ultra" plugins.

I just got back into home automation this summer (I have dabbled in it since 2002). Homeseer is the best product out there. I spent countless hours researching the software solutions available. HS allows neophytes like me to create impressive setups. The software is robust, supports multiple technologies, and leverages the knowledge of it's userbase through 3rd party plugins as well as the message boards.

UltraJones is a prime example of this.

Comment

Assuming the HomeTroller 2 is windows XP (and you can load drivers) and you just need caller ID, then you should be able to use the Rosewill RNX-56USB Conexant Hardware Based 56Kbps USB (Plug & Play) V.92 PCI Date/Fax/TAM modem. It's about $21 (including shipping) from NewEgg.com.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks Ultra! Newegg actually has it on sale for $14.99. Once it comes in I will download your CID plugin.

Comment

Does it detect rings?

Looking at this as an alternative to what i have now...

In my home, there's usually a couple of seconds delay between when a ring is detected and CID info gets into HomeSeer using a NetCID device and plugin. I think this is becuase I have my NetCID device connected to one of those wireless phone distro deals due to only having 2 phone drops in the house. The ring gets there right away, but the CID is always a couple of seconds behind (same is true for my dish receivers, connected the same way, their CID takes 2-3 rings before it comes up). The phones that are direct-connected show CID with the first ring.

Anyway, since I'm using a NetCID plugin, I can only use triggers that respond to CID being available and not to phone rings. One thing I like to do is have the TV mute & DVR/DVD/etc pause when the phone rings. This is a slow process when responding to CID available, but was faster back in my pre-hometroller days using the HS PCI modem and responding to rings.

So, this is why I want to know if the plugin lets HS know the phone is ringing, and if it has triggers that can be based on rings. Thanks!
                              John
                              Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                              Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                              HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                              Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Working...
                              X