• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alevey View Post
    How do I power cycle them?
    pull the set btn and return it back in to normal position
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by alevey View Post
      Cool

One more question... I have installed about 10 brand new v2 (Firmware 27) dimmers. They all work fine but it seems that the ramp rate and dim level do not set from the plugin, even though it says it does?
      btw where did you buy the switches?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

SDM dll

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        I don't have a copy of the SDM which is required to build a version for the PLC. If someone can post a copy of the SDM3Server.dll file, i think that is all i need.
        I think this is the file you wanted. I had to add the .txt extension to allow upload.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mark,
          How did you wire your Insteon bridge?

I read the instructions on Smarthome and it saids to connect the bridge to two breakers on one side. If this device is supposed to bridge between the two phases why is it connected only to one phase?
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete:

Most split phase panels in the US are setup so that every other breaker in the panel is a different phase. So wiring it on the same side will work just fine.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Mark,
              How did you wire your Insteon bridge?

I read the instructions on Smarthome and it saids to connect the bridge to two breakers on one side. If this device is supposed to bridge between the two phases why is it connected only to one phase?
              You just need to connect each each leg of the bridge to a different phase/leg on the panel. Check your panel and you should see that every other full size breaker is on the opposite phase, as Marty suggests. Thus you can connect the bridge to 'one side' of the panel as the instructions say.

I actually wired mine in parallel with my x10 c/r.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks guys. Will wire mine in parallel to the X10 c/r. I spent some time a while ago trying to "even" out the the two sides without an amp probe but rather just the values of the breakers and assumed via a visual that the breakers only clamped on to one side (one phase).
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

So far so good with PLM version and 105 insteon devices. I love the UI with version number and easy to read format, and especially the cumulative communication efficiency.

Can you further describe the keypad 6 button / 8 button fix? I have both types of keypads operating but wasn't aware of any problems with the earlier plug in.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                    So far so good with PLM version and 105 insteon devices. I love the UI with version number and easy to read format, and especially the cumulative communication efficiency.

Can you further describe the keypad 6 button / 8 button fix? I have both types of keypads operating but wasn't aware of any problems with the earlier plug in.
                    I have a KPL firmware version 33 in 8 button mode. I did a reset on it a while ago and it reverted back to 6 btn config. When i manually put the kpl back into 8 btn mode, the preivous plugin 1.1.52 would not recognize it as an 8 btn

so i added the code to correctly identify newer i2 KPLs (in 8 btn mode).

i1 and i2 are shortnames for insteon protocol 1 and 2. the newer smarthome devices are starting to use i2 which is pretty incompatible with i1. the plugin was developed around i1. I think this is where the heavy lifting is going to be as this plugin evolves.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Groups

I am using the latest PLM version and cannot seem to make changes to groups or add groups. I tried deleting an old one and that seemed to work.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sqhughes View Post
                        I am using the latest PLM version and cannot seem to make changes to groups or add groups. I tried deleting an old one and that seemed to work.

Scott
                        please turn on detailed logging and try your change/add again.

are there any errors in the log or is an insteon report.log generated.

please post any errors
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

With detailed debugging, all I get is this when trying to edit a group:

11/19/2009 6:24:23 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Group index 1 was selected.
                          11/19/2009 6:24:36 PM ~!~ECHO~!~Echo for Den Motion 12; No Echo (5 mins, 40 secs)
                          11/19/2009 6:24:47 PM ~!~UltraM1G Info~!~Zone 014 [Kitchen Motion] is Violated

When I select "save changes and reprogram group" it just takes me back to the main configuration page.

Comment

Originally posted by sqhughes View Post
                            With detailed debugging, all I get is this when trying to edit a group:

11/19/2009 6:24:23 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Group index 1 was selected.
                            11/19/2009 6:24:36 PM ~!~ECHO~!~Echo for Den Motion 12; No Echo (5 mins, 40 secs)
                            11/19/2009 6:24:47 PM ~!~UltraM1G Info~!~Zone 014 [Kitchen Motion] is Violated

When I select "save changes and reprogram group" it just takes me back to the main configuration page.
                            can you send me the contents of your insteon.ini via a PM?
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

i didn't see anything unusual in your ini. but please make sure there are no spaces in any of the "Participants" keys in the [Group xx] sections

is there a recent insteon report.log file in the config folder. if so, please email it to me; the PMs seem to mess up the files.

did you have Detailed Debugging turned on when you tried the Group Add; the ini indicated only "debug log entrie"
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Recieved and installed Insteon bridge today. I had a double duplex metal box adjacent to the fuse panel with one duplex outlet on it. I remove the single duplex cover and replaced it with a double duplex cover so that I could install the bridge in the same metal box. It also allowed me to feed the wire leads into the fuse panel with about 2 inches on each lead and enough to add a couple of wires to the breakers. I also purchased two Insteon appliance modules. I don't recall what the box said for the other two that I have in the home but this box (for the appliance module) states that its also an Insteon repeater. Next endeavor is the installation of a couple of UPB controllers and a couple of wall switches to test.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X