This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leerogers View Post
    Like an X10 Powerflash module? I suspected it could be a stray X10 signal from the only X10 I have (some Hawkeyes) or X10 from the neighbors (I suffered with that before Insteon) but after resets, I figured that the 2450 would be inpervious from X10 signals.
    sorry, not an x10 powerflash, but an actual power outage
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      sorry, not an x10 powerflash, but an actual power outage
      I wouldn't discount any theory at the moment. Although, I did swap out the 2450 on Saturday and I haven't seen an automatic open since. For now, I am chaulking it up to a bad device. The auto polling still isn't happening but I am overcoming it with some clean up scripts. Thanks for all your help Mark.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Do you get the extended Insteon device menu after you installed the dll from mnsandler?
        My Edit Device menu is a lot shorter and does not have the options for setup.
        The IOLinc is not recognized, shows as Unknown Device 0700. See below:

Insteon Device ID: 12.F8.16

Device Name:

Device Location:

Device Type: Unknown Device Type 0700
        Firmware Version: 36 [Comm Reliability: 100%]
        Resume dim mode: False
        Default local on level: 100%

Polling Interval (Minutes, 0=None):

------ Link table present in remote device: ------
        Link# 1 - Unknown has local control reporting to HomeSeer
        Link# 2 - Unknown is controlled by HomeSeer (Using Insteon Link# 254) HomeSeer 'All Devices Group' - Command: On

That's about it.

Comment

you need a more current version of the plugin. v1.4.2 is posted
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Confused

Im a little confused after reading through this fourm. I have a 2450 and HS Pro. What i want to do is used the output on the 2450 for a door strike ( already in use) and eventually use the input for a keypad. As it looks i can not use both at the same time? Is this correct?

Thanks,
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob2791 View Post
              Im a little confused after reading through this fourm. I have a 2450 and HS Pro. What i want to do is used the output on the 2450 for a door strike ( already in use) and eventually use the input for a keypad. As it looks i can not use both at the same time? Is this correct?

Thanks,
              Rob
              Have you consulted the smarthome documentation.

http://wiki.smarthome.com/index.php?title=2450_Manual

how is the keypad going to affect the 2450 via the input sensor? it it suppose to open the door strike?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by leerogers View Post
                Sounds like a reliability issue on my side but sometimes, the keypadlinc or Homeseer doesn't see the event. It doesn't happen very often but would love to be able to poll the 2450 for status
                I have this running successfully, but I'm using an ISY99i/Pro as the controller with the ISY plugin for HS. Works like a charm. One indicator for door status Open = On, and another momentary trigger to open/close the door. Just note that the Open/On command is more like a "button press" that is to say sending a "off" or "Close" command does nothing... On just sends a trigger to the relay. If the door is closed, it opens it, if it's open, it closes it. You rely on the status to tell you what it's doing.

Comment

For those of us that do not have the isy or the additional Insteon plugin, is there a command that I can send via VB script to ping the device for a status (like the EZIO2x4 or EZIO8Sa devices)?

Comment

Originally posted by shermbb View Post
                    For those of us that do not have the isy or the additional Insteon plugin, is there a command that I can send via VB script to ping the device for a status (like the EZIO2x4 or EZIO8Sa devices)?
                    I think you can just use the hs.polldevice command?

Comment

what is your setup? what plm and insteon plugin are you using

you need a plugin that can communicate with a plm to talk to the iolinc. hs can't send native insteon cmds by itself.

if you use the free insteon plm plugin, you can send a cmd set 0x19, 0x00 to get the relay status and 0x19, 0x01 to get the sensor status
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        what is your setup? what plm and insteon plugin are you using

you need a plugin that can communicate with a plm to talk to the iolinc. hs can't send native insteon cmds by itself.

if you use the free insteon plm plugin, you can send a cmd set 0x19, 0x00 to get the relay status and 0x19, 0x01 to get the sensor status
                        Thanks for the discussion Mark. I am using HS2.5 with the free Insteon plugin, and need to be able to ping the iolinc's sensor status. I can poll the relay status with no problems. I currently just capture the sensor status with a virtual device, but HS only catches the broadcast ~80% of the time.

Would the iolinc device have to be registered in similar fashion as the devices within Insteon_ExtDevSupport.vb (currently have 3 EZIO devices, 4 motions sensors, and 1 EZFLORA), or would a command set for the sensor status force HS to update the sensor reading?

Would I use a hs.plugin("Insteon").ExtDev_TransmitToExternalDevice command set, execx10, or other command?

Comment

Thanks for the discussion Mark. I am using HS2.5 with the free Insteon plugin, and need to be able to ping the iolinc's sensor status. I can poll the relay status with no problems. I currently just capture the sensor status with a virtual device, but HS only catches the broadcast ~80% of the time.

Would the iolinc device have to be registered in similar fashion as the devices within Insteon_ExtDevSupport.vb (currently have 3 EZIO devices, 4 motions sensors, and 1 EZFLORA), or would a command set for the sensor status force HS to update the sensor reading?

Would I use a hs.plugin("Insteon").ExtDev_TransmitToExternalDevice command set, execx10, or other command?
                          the iolinc is supported internally so using an ext script won't work.

use hs.plugin("Insteon").TransmitDeviceCommand to send a custom cmd but you won't get a response back so i don't know how you will get the status value you need.

just so you know, the newer plugin (1.5+) supports the input sensor and output relay as separate hs devices that can be polled independently.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,

if I purchase the Insteon I/O garage linc, is it now fully supported in the latest insteon plugin and HS?

I would be buying 2 since I have 2 garage doors.

http://www.smarthome.com/74551/I-O-L...tus-Kit/p.aspx

Let me know

Thanks
                            Raven

Comment

Originally posted by Raven_ View Post
                              Hi Mark,

if I purchase the Insteon I/O garage linc, is it now fully supported in the latest insteon plugin and HS?

I would be buying 2 since I have 2 garage doors.

http://www.smarthome.com/74551/I-O-L...tus-Kit/p.aspx

Let me know

Thanks
                              Raven
                              yes, and several people here are successfully using the iolinc on garage doors but i am not one of them. So i can only help with errors, but not config/setup/wiring.

when you register the device with the plugin, you will get two hs devices:
                              1. one represents the output relay (used to trigger open/close)
                              2. one that represents the input sensor (used to monitor the door)

you should thoroughly read the smarthome docs for setting up the iolinc with a garage door.

good luck
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I recently purchased the I/O Linc 2450 and I have been unable to link it with the PLM. My setup is a 2413U controller, 2443 access point, several 2476S switches and the I/O Linc 2450. The log show that during linking that it is able to get the op flags but is unable to read the device properties. I contacted Insteon Gold Support and they suggested that since I am have the newest 2450 that it may not be compatbile with my Insteon plugin. The 2450 is v1.8 and the plugin is v1.5.5.0.

I have tried using it on several outlets, including the same outlet that the PLM is plugged into. The log shows:

7/22/2011 2:05:04 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Attempting to add Device 17.D5.81
                                7/22/2011 2:05:04 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Calling PLM_AddID for 17.D5.81 1 True
                                7/22/2011 2:05:05 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Sending Insteon ID Broadcast for '17.D5.81'
                                7/22/2011 2:05:08 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Got Op Flags response from Insteon ID 17.D5.81, Op Flags 00=02
                                7/22/2011 2:05:08 PM ~!~Insteon~!~The device properties could not be read. Communication failure. The device was not added.

What could be causing this problem? Is it a bad I/O linc or a plugin in problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X