This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dexterdom View Post
    I would like to be able to import my existing address book into the plugin. I've been using YACSeer for a couple years and built up quite a good contact list . I'd hate to start from scratch with UltraCID. To be honest this is the only reason I haven't switched from HS2 to HS3 yet.
    I wonder if I could use mySQL to load my address book directly into the database....?

Edit: even a simple interface that would allow me to manually type in my contact list would be fine - it doesn't have to be anything elaborate
    Yes, you could use SQL to update the underlying database. Here is the schema:

Code:
    CREATE TABLE tblCallerDetails(
    id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
    nmbr varchar(15) NOT NULL,
    name varchar(25) NOT NULL,
    attr INTEGER,
    notes varchar(255), 
    last_ts integer,
    call_count INTEGER
    )

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX idxNUMR2 ON tblCallerDetails (nmbr)
    CREATE INDEX idxNAME2 ON tblCallerDetails (name)
    CREATE INDEX idxATTR2 ON tblCallerDetails (attr)
    The challenge is to get the telephone number to match the actual caller Id number provided by your modem.

So, when you insert the data:
    • nmbr would be the telephone number with no spaces.
    • name would typically be Last Name, First Name
    • attr is a numeric flag enum:

None = 0
      Block = 1
      Telemarketer = 2
      Announce = 4
      Business = 8
      Family = 16
      Friends = 32
    • notes can be any text <= 255 characters.
    • last_ts should be set to 0
    • call_count should be set to 0

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

This is great info, thank you.

Comment

Thanks again for this info, it was very useful.

I had been using YAC for a few years and have built an extensive contact list over that time. Using a cool program called "DB Browser for SQLite", I was able to import my contact list into ultracid3.db3 rather quickly.
        I did notice that setting attr = 0 caused some weird behaviour (as per my post in another thread) but I set all records to 16 (family) as a default and will update each record manually as time permits.

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Yes, you could use SQL to update the underlying database. Here is the schema:

Code:
        CREATE TABLE tblCallerDetails(
        id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
        nmbr varchar(15) NOT NULL,
        name varchar(25) NOT NULL,
        attr INTEGER,
        notes varchar(255), 
        last_ts integer,
        call_count INTEGER
        )

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX idxNUMR2 ON tblCallerDetails (nmbr)
        CREATE INDEX idxNAME2 ON tblCallerDetails (name)
        CREATE INDEX idxATTR2 ON tblCallerDetails (attr)
        The challenge is to get the telephone number to match the actual caller Id number provided by your modem.

So, when you insert the data:
        • nmbr would be the telephone number with no spaces.
        • name would typically be Last Name, First Name
        • attr is a numeric flag enum:

None = 0
          Block = 1
          Telemarketer = 2
          Announce = 4
          Business = 8
          Family = 16
          Friends = 32
        • notes can be any text <= 255 characters.
        • last_ts should be set to 0
        • call_count should be set to 0

Regards,
        Ultrajones

Comment

There are often callers I know whose CID is partial or poor. I see there is a Caller Notes field, and it would be great if that were a replacement variable so that for anyone that has a CAller Note, the system could speak the note instead, or use the note as a replacement variable.

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
            There are often callers I know whose CID is partial or poor. I see there is a Caller Notes field, and it would be great if that were a replacement variable so that for anyone that has a CAller Note, the system could speak the note instead, or use the note as a replacement variable.

If you're only looking for TTS BLSpeech has a dictionary that will allow you to do exactly this. And it's stupendous. If you want it for emails or text messages then that won't help.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Was really looking for both TTS and email/script use, but half way there is a lot better than no access at all. Sure wish there were standards for doc. Obviously BLade figured out how to get to this UltraJones variable for that plugin.

Comment

Is there a way to block calls by CID Name? I have several telemarketing calls I wish to block that contain the same CID text, but from different numbers. Everytime I block one, I get a call from a new number (same area code and prefix, though). It would also be great if I could block by either using a Regular Expression or pattern like (8??) 555-????.

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
                  Is there a way to block calls by CID Name? I have several telemarketing calls I wish to block that contain the same CID text, but from different numbers. Everytime I block one, I get a call from a new number (same area code and prefix, though). It would also be great if I could block by either using a Regular Expression or pattern like (8??) 555-????.
                  Yes, this is possible. From the options web page under "New Caller Options", enable "Use Number Block Mask", then update the regular expression to something like:

^8\d\d555\d\d\d\d
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Can you use RegEx in the Name Block Mask as well?

Comment

Are you planning on adding conditions? It would be really nice to be able to condition an event based on caller attributes.

Comment

Could you please add the ability to edit the numbers? I am going to be switching phone services next winter and I don't want to have to wait to repopulate my phone book, or whatever it's called. It would be a lot better to just be able to edit all of the numbers to reflect the new CID scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                          Could you please add the ability to edit the numbers? I am going to be switching phone services next winter and I don't want to have to wait to repopulate my phone book, or whatever it's called. It would be a lot better to just be able to edit all of the numbers to reflect the new CID scheme.
                          I don't understand. Why would you need or what to edit number in the UltraCID3 database?

Comment

Because the phone service I'm switching to has a different CID format.

One is like this: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
                            The other is like this: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Comment

Because the phone service I'm switching to has a different CID format.

One is like this: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
                              The other is like this: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Any thoughts on this one?

Comment

Any thoughts on this one?
                                The nmbr field is just the numbers without any formatting. So, using the SQLite command line shell (http://sqlite.org/cli.html) you could update all of them with one SQL command per table.

UPDATE tblCallerLog set nmbr = '1' || nmbr;
                                UPDATE tblCallerDetails set nmbr = '1' || nmbr;

Make sure you make a backup of the database before you begin.

Comment

Working...
                                X