Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with the $29.96 Ipad/Iphone Plug In?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with the $29.96 Ipad/Iphone Plug In?

So I was out looking at the Products links and saw that you can buy HS2 (not Pro) and it gives you an option of adding a $29.96 plugin for the iPad/iPhone...

I bought HS2 like a millenia ago and have never bought into the HSTouch $200 add-on. But as I understood, you needed that to have iPad/iPhone interfaces. Now HS is selling HS2 (not Pro) and offering a plug-in to do it for $29.96?

I can't find that $29.96 plug-in anywhere on the download/purchase list for me. Does anyone know if that's just for new purchases?

Anyone purchase that and can give me a link to the details about that plug-in? I know Mobilinc is out there for like $60. I assumed this was something other than that.

Comment

HSPRO users have all the pieces included at no extra change.

HS2 users would need to purchase HSTouch ($200) + iPhone plug-in ($39.95).. (or they can upgrade to HSPRO!)

The $29.96 option was a discount for HS2 users who purchase that add-on at the same time they purchased HS2.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That's not what I saw on the site. I'm attaching the screen grab. Are you saying that someone that buys HS2 (not Pro) would check this box, check out and then have to buy the $200 HSTouch Add-in? I was able to get all the way to the Checkout step to enter my CC and nothing mentioned the required $200 HSTouch Add-in for the plug-in to work.

It looks to allow you to purchase the iPad/iPhone plugin but doesn't say anything about needing to buy HSPro.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. I've added HSTouch to the HS2 plug-in listing to correct this. Also, note that if you drill into the iPhone plug-in page and look at the "requirements", HSTouch server is listed there. Still, I can see by your experience that we need to make that more obvious. Hopefully, this should help now.

Mark
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your quick response and explanation.

Although I admittedly hoped I could get in on that $29.96 or even $39.95 cost for getting Homeseer on my iPad/iPhone avoiding the $200 HSTouch req't

Always looking for that loophole...

My main problem isn't actually the cost of the HSTouch add-in and iPad/iPhone plug-in. The real problem is that I own many of the HSPro "included" plug-ins already and I have no need to design my own custom iPad/iPhone interface. I tried out the HSTouch stuff on the free-trial a while back and it's a very cool product. I just don't have the time to customize an interface and buying it to use the "canned" ones is kinda nutty when I own most of the other plug-ins already.

Comment

Originally posted by Tompmoore View Post
              ..The real problem is that I own many of the HSPro "included" plug-ins already...
              OK, now I'm really confused. If you already own plug-ins, why were you adding HS2 to your cart and going through the checkout process?

No matter... FYI the upgrade from HS2 to HSPRO is on special promo this month (starting today). The flyer is up here: http://www.homeseer.com/support/news...ugust-2011.htm

Comment

Just looking around at what was being offered and stumbled on that and got surprised/excited. I'm actually considering a switch to one of the embedded devices and ditching my PC completely so I was comparing those.

Comment

Originally posted by Tompmoore View Post
                  Just looking around at what was being offered and stumbled on that and got surprised/excited. I'm actually considering a switch to one of the embedded devices and ditching my PC completely so I was comparing those.
                  If you have the money the HT3 is a great unit. You will be very happy with the performance of the XP Embedded. Rich and the gang have really slimmed it down to make a smaller PC run like a bigger one. I think as long as you run only HS2 and then any of the plugins it will be great. It's when people try to run intensive other media products is when things bog down.

Buy one of those watt meter things and do a cost analysis if you are accountable to a signif other

~Bill

Comment

Tom - if you have a relatively simple (software CPU loading) setup you could do an older HT1. Mark has a refurb in the online store. Perhaps if you pleaded you could get that and an HSPro upgrade for a additional cost.

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...SHED-P380.aspx

I had one and really liked it. GET THE USB Restoral drive.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X