• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lakehome View Post
    Mark:

Here's the Link to the new ZEE Unit:

http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-P1599.aspx
    Glen,
    I spoke with HST, future versions of the device will allow you to install other plugins like my Insteon plugin. No timeframe for this feature.

Note: the current version does not allow this; its zwave only.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

External Device Support 1.9 problem

I finally decided to upgrade my PLM to 2413U, and am trying your paid Insteon plugin. Released version 1.7 works AND supports the Insteon external device script, with a few newer devices not recognized. I tried version 1.9 beta, however it breaks the external device script. I'm using an EZRain device and thermostats that need the external device support script to work. The only visible error is below, however nothing actually works with the script. When I switch back to 1.7 everything works fine.

10/5/2013 4:01:00 AM ~!~Error~!~Running script, script run or compile error in file: Insteon_ExtDevSupport.txt424:Object required: 'hs.plugin(...)' in line 460 More info: Object required: 'hs.plugin(...)'

HS2, 2413U

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Howell View Post
        I finally decided to upgrade my PLM to 2413U, and am trying your paid Insteon plugin. Released version 1.7 works AND supports the Insteon external device script, with a few newer devices not recognized. I tried version 1.9 beta, however it breaks the external device script. I'm using an EZRain device and thermostats that need the external device support script to work. The only visible error is below, however nothing actually works with the script. When I switch back to 1.7 everything works fine.

10/5/2013 4:01:00 AM ~!~Error~!~Running script, script run or compile error in file: Insteon_ExtDevSupport.txt424:Object required: 'hs.plugin(...)' in line 460 More info: Object required: 'hs.plugin(...)'

HS2, 2413U
        Did you see my response to this topic on this thread. lets use the new thread to continue this issue

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162270
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Fanlinc ramp rate setting

Mark,

I just installed 1.9.3.2 and all looks good. However, I tried programming the ramp rate setting of a fanlinc module, but there was no change.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken LaCapria View Post
            Mark,

I just installed 1.9.3.2 and all looks good. However, I tried programming the ramp rate setting of a fanlinc module, but there was no change.

Ken
            I'll check it out and post back
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have 1.9.3.2 running.
              I'm finding that I keep losing comms with the Insteon hub on both Insteon and X10 commands.
              All seems to work, I see the commands appear in the HS log, but they are not actioned. A restart of HS starts things working again.
              It seems to happen around once every 24 hours, but not every 24 hours!
              I realise that this could be HS, the plugin or even my LAN.
              Any pointers to troubleshooting and narrowing the problem down would be welcome.
              I'm running HS 2.5 on Windows Server 2012E

Comment

Anybody else getting a virus alert on 1.9.3.4 ?

Sorry for the re-post, concerned...

Avast triggered an alert when I tried to extract this 1.9.3.4 .zip, maybe a false, but this is the first time this happened on Insteon.dll, so anybody else installed this? Or can someone confirm they have installed 1.9.3.4 without virus issues ?

Funny thig is that Avast scanning the .zip triggers nothing, it's just on extraction.

1.9.3.3 is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                  Sorry for the re-post, concerned...

Avast triggered an alert when I tried to extract this 1.9.3.4 .zip, maybe a false, but this is the first time this happened on Insteon.dll, so anybody else installed this? Or can someone confirm they have installed 1.9.3.4 without virus issues ?

Funny thig is that Avast scanning the .zip triggers nothing, it's just on extraction.

1.9.3.3 is fine.
                  Claude, i don't know what to tell you. i scanned the file again and its seems to be clean (using MSE)

can you try another scanner, or put the zip on a different box and try
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                    I have 1.9.3.2 running.
                    I'm finding that I keep losing comms with the Insteon hub on both Insteon and X10 commands.
                    All seems to work, I see the commands appear in the HS log, but they are not actioned. A restart of HS starts things working again.
                    It seems to happen around once every 24 hours, but not every 24 hours!
                    I realise that this could be HS, the plugin or even my LAN.
                    Any pointers to troubleshooting and narrowing the problem down would be welcome.
                    I'm running HS 2.5 on Windows Server 2012E
                    can you still ping the hub from the hs server after you lose comm?

Im wondering if it is server 2012? not sure how many others are using this
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Good question.
                      Next time it does it, I'll try.

Comment

Mark,

Ken
                        Ken,

setting the ramp rate seems to work if you use the 'light' set btn to control the light. But when i use the on/off frpom HS the fanlinc doesn't seem to follow the ramp rate. This is most likely a fw bug.

can you try the insteon action, light on at ramp rate and see if that works
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          Ken,

setting the ramp rate seems to work if you use the 'light' set btn to control the light. But when i use the on/off frpom HS the fanlinc doesn't seem to follow the ramp rate. This is most likely a fw bug.

can you try the insteon action, light on at ramp rate and see if that works
                          Mark,

I created a manual event to set the fanlinc to 100% at 6 second ramp rate. When I run the event, it works. I then went to the Status page and clicked the OFF button and the light ramps down properly. Clicked the ON button and the light ramps up properly. I tried it at different dim levels and it worked properly. I tried it from HSTouch and it worked properly from there as well. I modified the event to set the ramp rate to .1 seconds and it set that ramp rate when I ran the event. What doesn't work is when I set the ramp rate from the Edit Insteon Device page in the plugin.

Ken
                          Last edited by Ken LaCapria; October 10, 2013, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Mark,

I created a manual event to set the fanlinc to 100% at 6 second ramp rate. When I run the event, it works. I then went to the Status page and clicked the OFF button and the light ramps down properly. Clicked the ON button and the light ramps up properly. I tried it at different dim levels and it worked properly. I tried it from HSTouch and it worked properly from there as well. I modified the event to set the ramp rate to .1 seconds and it set that ramp rate when I ran the event. What doesn't work is when I set the ramp rate from the Edit Insteon Device page in the plugin.

Ken
                            Ken, thanks for the detailed testing. I understand what you did.

Setting the ramp rate from the device edit page typically only affects manually adjusting the light from the device. Since you can't do this with a fanlinc, I'm wondering if this feature is supported at all.

With a fanilinc, typically you would link a switch to the fanlinc and set the on level and ramprate in the link. And these settings are only used when controlling with the linked switch.

So i'm not sure how an On/Off cmd from HS should affect the fanlinc light (ie should it use the default ramp rate)

I think i need to ask Smarthome this question...stay tuned

Note: using the action you tested, does not change any settings in the fanlinc. the fanlinc just responsed to that specific cmd that one time
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

1.9.3.2 PLM Initializing Error in HomeSeer on COM 9

Mark:

I recovered the HomeSeer Unit at my lake home today and it did boot up without having to roll back and restor. However, I am getting the "Error Initializing" message in the Interfaces Tab - Plug-In Status Column.

In the Error Log I am gettting the error line:

"10/11/2013 11:45:27 PM - Error - Initializing interface: Insteon->Could not contact Interface on COM9"

The Virtual USB Driver on COM9 is valid and operating in the Device Manger and the PLM was working under 1.7.x

I tried both re-installing both the FTDI USB Drivers and the 1.9.3.2 Files, but that re-install only cleared-up twp other boot-up errors that I was getting (Failed to Load function FT_CreateDeviceListInfoList & FT_GetDeviceListInfoListDetail)

I am up for only the weekend, so if you could shoot any ideas my way before Sunday that would be great.

I'll also look again for a more recent ZIP File Update Version. I saw a reference to 1.9.3.4 in a recent post, but didnt find it - yet.

Thanks,

Glen

Comment

Originally posted by lakehome View Post
                                ... I saw a reference to 1.9.3.4 in a recent post, but didnt find it - yet.
                                Here http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=23

Comment

Working...
                                X