No announcement yet.

Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who use it, BeakerStat for HS3 is nearly complete and will be available soon so you have control of your Filtrete/Radio Thermostat WiFi thermostats.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Would like to take the plunge, but it seams so scary, if I loose control of my existing setup.
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        Would like to take the plunge, but it seams so scary, if I loose control of my existing setup.
        I wouldn't recommend moving a production setup to HS3. It's a first release beta and been released for testing but will be a while before all plugins are available from all parties. If you want to play load HS3 for testing but keep your HomeSeer 2 install until your plugins have been release and fully tested.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Bummer about the PowerLinc USB not coming over to HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            I wouldn't recommend moving a production setup to HS3. It's a first release beta and been released for testing but will be a while before all plugins are available from all parties. If you want to play load HS3 for testing but keep your HomeSeer 2 install until your plugins have been release and fully tested.
            Rupp

If I download Hs3 just to play with it, will it affect any behavior of my existing setup? Also if you transfer any existing plugins that work with HS3 do you need to disable the one in HS2?
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Will screens i make in HS2 HSTouch still work in HS3?

Comment

Where to post questions/issues?

I can't get HS3 to communicate with an old CM11a. I'm sure the edgeport USB is working (tested it with my TEMP08). New box running Win7 64. HS2 is NOT installed on this box.

Where should we be posting questions and problems?

Thanks,
                Barry

Comment

z-stick will not initialize

I have taken my working z-stick from hspro, stopped the hspro software, started hs3 and set up the interface with the correct com port, but I get
                  Interface init failed: No response from controller. I have resarted the computer but same result.

Are we able to import the nodes from the controller or do we need to reset the z-stick and start again (I hope we can import).

Has anyone tried the z-stick and have it working?

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                    Rupp

If I download Hs3 just to play with it, will it affect any behavior of my existing setup? Also if you transfer any existing plugins that work with HS3 do you need to disable the one in HS2?
                    Bump....
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by ozinnewy View Post
                      I have taken my working z-stick from hspro, stopped the hspro software, started hs3 and set up the interface with the correct com port, but I get
                      Interface init failed: No response from controller. I have resarted the computer but same result.

Are we able to import the nodes from the controller or do we need to reset the z-stick and start again (I hope we can import).

Hi

It sounds like the problems I had.

Look at the file rights for C:\Program Files\Homeseer HS3\Config\Z-Wave.ini. You proberly need write on that file.

I made a bugzilla (and wrote far to fast. :-) ) http://homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=476

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                        For those who use it, BeakerStat for HS3 is nearly complete and will be available soon so you have control of your Filtrete/Radio Thermostat WiFi thermostats.
                        Awesome...Trying out the demo this weekend!

Comment

z-stick error

Finally got my z-stick working thanks to mhn's suggestion. However when I try to import my devices I get the following error:

Error: Error, your interface is not Serial API version 4 or higher - the Z-Wave plug-in only works with newer Z-Wave interfaces.
                          Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.

I have the latest firmware, I guess we need to wait for an update to the z-stick firmware??

Update:
                          I just enabled the z-stick on hspro and it reports it has Serial Z-Wave Serial API Version 5.

Is anyone using the z-stick with HS3 with any success?
                          Last edited by ozinnewy; June 1, 2013, 02:39 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by ozinnewy View Post

Yes, the Z-stick is working (as it responds to node information), I also hope that it will be possible to import the nodes. Don't want to reset the stick.
                            Where to add a new node?
                            Right now I don't have any nodes to control in HS3

Comment

Z-wave problems, this is from the log, what does it means?
                              9:30:33.666 Z-Wave Error Unknown error building the Z-Wave Version Information
                              9:30:33.559 Z-Wave This Z-Wave PC Controller is Type: ZW_LIB_CONTROLLER_STATIC
                              9:30:33.559 Z-Wave Warning This Z-Wave PC Controller Library Version is: Z-Wave 2.78 (Unknown-Error)
                              9:30:33.559 Z-Wave Error Unknown error building the Z-Wave Version Information
                              9:30:33.447 Z-Wave Controller firmware version: 0.0
                              9:30:33.444 Z-Wave Found 41 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1
                              9:30:33.444 Z-Wave Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: 014CDFAE
                              9:30:33.444 Z-Wave Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
                              9:30:32.156 Z-Wave Getting node information from controller...
                              9:30:32.000 Z-Wave ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                              9:30:32.000 Z-Wave Initializing Z-Wave interface Z-Stick uppe (Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Stick) on COM4
                              9:30:31.998 Z-Wave ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                              9:30:31.998 Z-Wave ============================================================ ==========
                              9:30:24.938 Z-Wave Exiting COM Device Thread
                              9:30:05.778 Z-Wave Starting 'Z-Wave Health' Process Starter...

Comment

Log this in bugzilla at homeseer.com/bugzilla

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                                I can't get HS3 to communicate with an old CM11a. I'm sure the edgeport USB is working (tested it with my TEMP08). New box running Win7 64. HS2 is NOT installed on this box.

Where should we be posting questions and problems?

Thanks,
                                Barry
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X