Upgrading from HS2 to HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rschildt View Post
    Rick (et all) - Curious, what RF receivers do you mean? The W800? I use X-10 to control my lights with a CM11a via serial (Edgeport 4) on the PC. I also have a W800 to get RF signals from my RF remote to control lights. I'm looking for something better in the long run or when the CM11a dies. Is there something that would be better than a used CM11a/TI103/PowerLinc USB? I assume I'd need to change all my X-10 Lamp Modules/switches?
    fyi PowerLinc USB is not going to HS3 so it seems. I have one in my parts box.. not sure about the CM11a (dont see why it would go) but the TI103 is supported and I have it working in HS3...

sorry to change your thought...
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

New System Transition...

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      We have created an import tool that will import the following. To run this tool, you should have HS2 and HS3 installed on the same system.
      Yes, in fact when you upgrade to HS3 your HS2 license code will still work. We are doing this for cases where a critical plugin may not be available in HS3 for a while and you can keep HS2 running if needed.
      Rich, for those of us who wish to "upgrade" HS2 (Pro) to HS3 (Pro) on a different (Windows) system, it sounds like we must do so from scratch (i.e. no import assistance). If we take that "transition" approach, do you have any thoughts as to how long we will be able to run both our (current) HS2 system and our HS3 upgraded system?

To install the HS3 "upgrade" on a new system, can I simply do a fresh HS3 install and set the HS3 license without first doing a HS2 fresh install?

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
        To install the HS3 "upgrade" on a new system, can I simply do a fresh HS3 install and set the HS3 license without first doing a HS2 fresh install?

Thanks
        Gary
        I can answer this part. Yes.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just wondering... can HS3 run as a service and support all the plugins properly unlike HS2 which couldn't?

Rob
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

We have dropped service support, too many issues. You might be able to use a third party tool to run it as a service but the option to install it as a service is not there.

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            Just wondering... can HS3 run as a service and support all the plugins properly unlike HS2 which couldn't?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
              This beta is definitely not recommended for the HomeTroller. We do plan to offer an upgrade for HomeTroller users but that has not been tested yet.

Mark, I had planned on upgrading during this sale, however I also have a Hometroller (Pro S3). Will you extend the discount for us Hometroller users?

Also, have you done any testing yet, if so what's the procedure like, i.e., we flashing from a USB stick?

Mark

Comment

So that I'm sure: can you run HS2 and HS3 simultaneously on the same box using a local serial and remote IP Z-troller and the two systems will both operate and share the Z-trollers?

Can HS2 and HS3 fit into a HomeTroller together? I'm just curious, I'll wait for your officially supported HomeTroller HS3PRO upgrader. Since that doesn't exist to pre-order, I hope that when it does exist our enthusiasm can be rewarded with the same discounts.

Comment

Netcam plugin in HS3?

I wonder if Netcam plugin will be supported in HS3, I believe it is a Homeseer plugin

Comment

Originally posted by sleeve View Post
                    So that I'm sure: can you run HS2 and HS3 simultaneously on the same box using a local serial and remote IP Z-troller and the two systems will both operate and share the Z-trollers?
                    Unless I completely misunderstood you can run them on the same machine, not at the same time. I don't believe that serial ports can be used by more than one program at a time.
                    Marty
                    ------
                    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      We have dropped service support, too many issues. You might be able to use a third party tool to run it as a service but the option to install it as a service is not there.
                      I still don't understand this. This is the only server software I have heard of since the early days of Windows that can't be coded to run as a service. I would have thought with the HS3 release, HS would have taken the time to make a service back-end that could run as a service, without the issues from HS2. Is it just too resource intensive for HS to change enough to make it so? Surely the programming knowledge is there.

Comment

When I run the import HS3 Import tool, I get the following error:

Error->Exception retrieving database information (A): Not a valid password.
                        Error->Failed to get version information from configuration database, data NOT loaded.

Anyone have any ideas?
                        I see no option for entering a password...

Comment

Only one system can access a single Z-Troller at the same time. If you enable both systems to connect to the same IP serial device, it will fail.

As the HomeTroller, it depends on the model you have. If you have a unit with an SSD then you can install and run both HS2 and HS3. If you have the flash, then no, there is not enough room to install HS3 (there is enough room after its installed, but the installer needs 800MB of free space to install and the C Drive is not large enough. We will be announcing a solution for the HomeTroller flash version soon.

Originally posted by sleeve View Post

Can HS2 and HS3 fit into a HomeTroller together? I'm just curious, I'll wait for your officially supported HomeTroller HS3PRO upgrader. Since that doesn't exist to pre-order, I hope that when it does exist our enthusiasm can be rewarded with the same discounts.

Comment

Yes, should be in the updater any day now.

Originally posted by picta View Post
                            I wonder if Netcam plugin will be supported in HS3, I believe it is a Homeseer plugin

Comment

Make sure HS2 is not running, it adds a password while it is running and removes it on shutdown.

Originally posted by mgonsalves View Post
                              When I run the import HS3 Import tool, I get the following error:

Error->Exception retrieving database information (A): Not a valid password.
                              Error->Failed to get version information from configuration database, data NOT loaded.

Anyone have any ideas?
                              I see no option for entering a password...

Comment

How do you access the updater?
                                sigpic
                                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                                X