This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edd056 View Post
    Devices are well created but non fonctional, reset have no effect, power level stay at 0

Another problem with 3.0.2.3 (HS3) :
    Fatal error on startup after rebooting, licence expired on 15/10....nothing work anymore

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hardware :
    Aeon Labs zstick, Insteon Hub, RFXCOM Lan, Current Cost Envi R, Davis Vantage Pro II, Boltek Storm detector
    Software :
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.34
    Weather Display 10.37R build 75
    NextStorm 1.8
    Plugins :
    HSTouch server 3.0.0.10, android client 1.0.0.44
    Zwave 3.0.0.8 : 2 Siegenia CO2 Sensors, 12 Fibaro Wall Plug, 2 Everspring Flood sensors
    Current Cost 3.0.0.8
    Insteon 3.0.2.3 : 15 On/off plugs, 3 Dimmer Plugs, 2 Open/close sensors, 2 Motion sensors
    BLLAN 2.0.9.0
    RFXCOM 30.0.0.2 : 6 Oregon Scientific temperature/humidity sensors
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scripts : Reading of Weather Display datas (self modified for HS3 from HS2 version)
    I posted 3.0.2.4 which extends the beta period to the end of the month.

At some point I'll enable the license feature so this won't happen once the plugin is licensed. the timebomb was my only option during this beta development phase so people didn't have to buy a license to test.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working, thanks

Have deleted the motion sensors, automatic recreated when enable plugin, but same problem, no battery level, reset button don't have any effect

Comment

Working, thanks

Have deleted the motion sensors, automatic recreated when enable plugin, but same problem, no battery level, reset button don't have any effect
        this is apparently an HS2 issue with special characters in device names that is messing up the underlying html/javascript.

please try different browsers and compatibility modes.

otherwise, i will add an event that you can use to Reset the low battery warning when necessary.

Nothing else i can do here. HST isn't going to fix an HS2 bug like this.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

you wrote :
          this is apparently an HS2 issue with special characters in device names that is messing up the underlying html/javascript.

I'm running HS3, no special characters in device names, but no problem, this is not a blocking issue....

Comment

you wrote :

I'm running HS3, no special characters in device names, but no problem, this is not a blocking issue....
            thanks for the info. I'll forward to HST. This should work in HS3.

i see your setup in the prev email . but is there anything else different in your setup? country settings,etc?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Country setup

Working with french Windows 7 32 bits version
              I'm from Belgium....

Comment

Working with french Windows 7 32 bits version
                I'm from Belgium....
                are you having any issues with the standard on/off btns on the other insteon devices like the iolinc.

what other non switchlinc devices do you have? If you have any with buttons other than on/off, please try and report back.

another French user has a similar issue with the new Reset btn. Does Reset mean something else in French
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Insteon

Have ON/OFF and dimmer modules, working without problem....
                  Also Open/Close modules working without problem (do you plan the same extensions : Battery Level ?)

In french, Reset is reset to 0 (or to default value)

The battery Level, Dusk/Dawn sensor stay allways at 0

Have a nice day
                  Last edited by edd056; October 16, 2013, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Mark, I recently updated to Plug-In v1.9.3.4 and I started to have issues with my motion sensors.
                    they seem to stop responding - I have tried a factory reboot of the MS as well as new batteries - they work for a little while then stop again.

they are both i2CS

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Mate View Post
                      Mark, I recently updated to Plug-In v1.9.3.4 and I started to have issues with my motion sensors.
                      they seem to stop responding - I have tried a factory reboot of the MS as well as new batteries - they work for a little while then stop again.

they are both i2CS
                      when using detailed logging, do you see MS msgs in the hs log?

if you rollback to your prev version, do they work again?

after the factor reset on the MSs, did you use the "program device for homeseer"
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I disabled the " Read settings after On cmds " by setting it to 0.

then I manually transmitted an On signal by pressing the syn button on the MS.
                        once this was done - they started working correctly.

It appears that this issue is related to this setting.
                        It seems to put the MS unit into a sleep mode especially after a change is made to the MS configuration setting and uploaded to the MS.

Comment

Yah, i think this is a fw issue with the motion sensor. This should work as it was a recommended approach from SH to get and set settings without having to initiate linking mode.

i have an email into SM on this issue. I'm wondering if its just fw 42 related. Others don't seem to be reporting this issue.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                            My MS get updated with any new configuration changes when I make them without putting the MS in to linking mode.

They do this next time they transmit a ON signal and there is an outstanding config change. The change gets downloaded to the MS.

Comment

Motion Sensor Battery Level

Hi Mark,

I wonder if you can help me.

I'm new to using forums so please excuse me if I've jumped into the wrong thread here...

I am in the trial period for HS3 and the Insteon plug-in (v3.0.3.13)
                              Right now I am trying to get status updates on the Motion Sensor Battery Level. If I drill all the way down through the plug-in tab to the device page I can see the Battery Voltage displayed in the custom settings list.
                              My preferred way to get the status would be simply to setup a manual event that reads the battery Level status. In reading many threads it seems I need to setup polling for the MS. Maybe I'm blind but I cannot seem to find anywhere to setup plooing (or polling frequency).
                              I'm also fine with simply writing a script to read the status and from the help file I found a command like...
                              hs.plugin("Insteon").getdevicesetting("AA.BB.CC","LED Brightness")

After inserting appropriate values and using this in my script, HS reports back - Object doesn't support this property or method: 'hs.plugin'. So, I'm thinking this is HS2 syntax.

Any advice you can offer?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JazzmanJohn View Post
                                Hi Mark,

I wonder if you can help me.

I'm new to using forums so please excuse me if I've jumped into the wrong thread here...

I am in the trial period for HS3 and the Insteon plug-in (v3.0.3.13)
                                Right now I am trying to get status updates on the Motion Sensor Battery Level. If I drill all the way down through the plug-in tab to the device page I can see the Battery Voltage displayed in the custom settings list.
                                My preferred way to get the status would be simply to setup a manual event that reads the battery Level status. In reading many threads it seems I need to setup polling for the MS. Maybe I'm blind but I cannot seem to find anywhere to setup plooing (or polling frequency).
                                I'm also fine with simply writing a script to read the status and from the help file I found a command like...
                                hs.plugin("Insteon").getdevicesetting("AA.BB.CC","LED Brightness")

After inserting appropriate values and using this in my script, HS reports back - Object doesn't support this property or method: 'hs.plugin'. So, I'm thinking this is HS2 syntax.

Any advice you can offer?

Thanks
                                Welcome.

1. You can set the polling for the MS within the plugin on the Edit device page for the given MS. change the polling setting to 10 or 20. This is frequency the settings will be read based on the number of ONs received. setting the number too low will kill your battery by reading the settings too frequently.

2. you can't set an event to read settings. the timing is too light and hs wouldn't respond quick enough. this has be done internally within the plugin code.

3. yes, the script you referenced is hs2. In hs3, you need to use hs.pluginfunction to access the plugin now. see the hs3 scripting reference for more details.

4. there is .16 in the 3.0.3.13 thread. i would suggest upgrading while you are in trial to avoid existing bugs.

Hope this helps.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X